Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

shady825

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 8, 2008
Area 51
Since I got my hands on the new iPod nano I've been saying how purple it looks. I think I was finally able to get some good pictures to show you guys.
Im totally happy with the color but I could see some people being pissed if they ordered it before seeing it cause its not like the 4G black (a real black)
So I just advise you to see the "Black" nano in person before you order it.

Its the weirdest thing, some times it will look purple and some times a dark grey.. Its almost like a chameleon paint :)

Well anyways, enjoy the pics. All are clickable for larger versions.

had to sneak in a picture of my new tattoo from last night also ;) (the top half of my arm)

Attachments

• nano1.jpg
    nano1.jpg
    628.4 KB · Views: 209
  • nano2.jpg
    nano2.jpg
    820 KB · Views: 190
  • nano3.jpg
    nano3.jpg
    995.9 KB · Views: 134
  • 9_10_09.jpeg
    9_10_09.jpeg
    155.2 KB · Views: 110

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
I think the color is the same as the last one. Under various lighting it changed a bit. The orange is vibrant under some lighting and not so much under others.

I do like that tattoo btw. ;)

The Samurai

macrumors 68020
Dec 29, 2007
Glasgow
Yep, here's my pic and I noticed the same. Its deffo not 'rich' black but hey - its near enough lol

p.s. damn this thing is friggin tiny.

Attachments

• DSC02016.JPG
    DSC02016.JPG
    362.7 KB · Views: 186

shady825

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 8, 2008
Area 51
Yep, here's my pic and I noticed the same. Its deffo not 'rich' black but hey - its near enough lol

p.s. damn this thing is friggin tiny.

That looks black!

I notice 3 main colors at any given time: black, gun metal grey, purple. It's pretty sick we have a some what "chameleon" iPod! :)
It's official, that's what color I'm calling this iPod from here on out. Chameleon. Haha.

Thanks for the comments on the tat2 everyone!

(from the iPhone)

sms52

macrumors newbie
Sep 10, 2009
Hey TheSamurai, saw your unpacking and video record comparison on youtube. Thanks for those, very informative.:)

AppleThis&That

macrumors regular
Jun 7, 2009
Just got my black 16GB iPod too at Best Buy. Before heading to the store I had my heart set on black or silver. I got to the store and saw the silver. It doesn't look anything as good as the black. The silver looked a little tinny to me so I got the black and very happy.

This is a replacement of the 2nd generation iPod Nano and after turning this sucker on, I was really amazed by how much they have improved these. The graphics, screen size, tilting mechanism like the iPhone. Very nice. If you guys still have an old iPod, like 4 years old. Get one. Plus, the extra 12GB from my older 4GB model is much improved. I was running out of space and selecting songs to transfer. Not good.

ouimetnick

macrumors 68040
Aug 28, 2008
Beverly, Massachusetts
I got my new Silver iPod nano 16 GB 5th gen today. and in low light, it looks like it has a stainless steel inclosure, but in bright light, it looks like the 4th gen with a bodygardz of it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.