PDA

View Full Version : European firms expect virus attacks to double

MacBytes
Jul 6, 2004, 09:46 AM
Category: News and Press Releases
Link: European firms expect virus attacks to double (http://www.macbytes.com/link.php?sid=20040706104614)
Posted on MacBytes.com (http://www.macbytes.com)

Approved by Mudbug

nagromme
Jul 6, 2004, 11:58 AM
Double? Maybe for Windows users.

Mac users are in FAR worse trouble. One day OS X will get its first virus. It's only a question of when--the prestige of being first is plenty of incentive!

An increase of 0 to 1 is an increase by a factor of infinity! Poor Mac users! We'll be wishing we were on Windows and only facing an increase by a factor of two!

painimies
Jul 6, 2004, 12:57 PM
Double? Maybe for Windows users.

Mac users are in FAR worse trouble. One day OS X will get its first virus. It's only a question of when--the prestige of being first is plenty of incentive!

An increase of 0 to 1 is an increase by a factor of infinity! Poor Mac users! We'll be wishing we were on Windows and only facing an increase by a factor of two!

:)

shamino
Jul 6, 2004, 01:37 PM
"The ratio of viruses to email last month was 1:10.7, while this time last year it was 1:125.5 and back in 2002 the ratio overall was just 1:212. We've seen the future and it's gloomy," said Sunner.
My heart bleeds ketchup. People have a choice to not open virus-infected attachments they receive. (At least those not running MS Outlook have a choice :p )

On the other hand, my rate of spam arrival has averaged around 180 per day since I started keeping records last November. This past holiday weekend plus today has netted me 778 pieces of spam and only 25 pieces of legitimate e-mail.

If the newspapers want to write about a disturbing trend, why don't they start writing about the fact that 97% of e-mail is spam and that we're all paying for it in the form of higher ISP access fees?

mrsebastian
Jul 6, 2004, 06:53 PM
damn good point shamino, [bleeping] spam is absolutely out of control! it's unreal, my ratio of spam to real email is around 100/1 :mad: