PDA

View Full Version : Store won't remember my password

Kahnyl
Sep 11, 2009, 05:19 PM
I've checked the box a million times and it still asks me to type it. Is there some preference file i can delete maybe? Or something else?

celticpride678
Sep 11, 2009, 05:27 PM
I am having the same issue and was just about to post this. Does anyone have any ideas?

Kahnyl
Sep 12, 2009, 03:44 AM
I can't remember if it was happening before the update to 9.

Rapmastac1
Sep 12, 2009, 10:17 AM
This just happened to me as well. I'm going through my library fixing album art and I have to keep logging in to get the art. Before my library would keep me logged into the iTunes Store indefinitely. Now I still have to type my password to make a purchase for the first time that day.

Kahnyl
Sep 12, 2009, 03:55 PM
I think I may have fixed it. I went into my account settings in the store and reset warnings (at the bottom of the page). Now I'm getting a bunch of annoying warnings again (they'll stop eventually) but I just bought an album and wasn't asked for a password.

Sandy Santra
Sep 13, 2009, 09:07 AM
This just happened to me as well. I'm going through my library fixing album art and I have to keep logging in to get the art. Before my library would keep me logged into the iTunes Store indefinitely. Now I still have to type my password to make a purchase for the first time that day.

Rapmastac1, How are you fixing album art? Is it possible to do that (get iTunes to grab album art for 1 album)? I thought that feature only worked on your entire library all-at-once.

Sandy Santra
Sep 13, 2009, 09:08 AM
I've checked the box a million times and it still asks me to type it. Is there some preference file i can delete maybe? Or something else?

Yeah, I have the same problem. Driving me nuts. I'm going to try your "reset warnings" fix and see if that helps.

Sandy Santra
Sep 13, 2009, 06:20 PM
I just got an email from Apple: "There is no way for the your password to get saved on your iTunes Store account."

IT'S WORKED FOR A YEAR, APPLE! It's broken BECAUSE of iTunes 9!!!

Kahnyl
Sep 18, 2009, 11:26 AM
It's started doing this again. I'm now not so sure it ever stopped.:(

I'm going to try my own fix again.

steve knight
Sep 18, 2009, 03:43 PM
I just got an email from Apple: "There is no way for the your password to get saved on your iTunes Store account."

IT'S WORKED FOR A YEAR, APPLE! It's broken BECAUSE of iTunes 9!!!

fully there is a remember password checkbox I guess they put it there for decoration ;)

jtheelen
Sep 21, 2009, 08:02 AM
Same problem here (iTunes 9 + Windows XP). I'm sure iTunes 7 and 8 did remember my password because I had a hard time trying to recall what it was again when iTunes 9 came asking for it (and it keeps doing it once every time the application is started).

steve knight
Sep 21, 2009, 10:54 AM
it used to remember. it is a bug for sure.

MasterDev
Sep 21, 2009, 10:58 AM
It's never remembered my password before.

Kahnyl
Sep 22, 2009, 11:41 AM
It's so inconsistant. Some days it asks, other days it doesn't.

retroneo
Sep 29, 2009, 08:30 PM
Mine also stopped remembering my password with the 9.0 update. It still doesn't work in iTunes 9.0.1... It's driving me crazy.

Even though I tick the "remember password" box underneath every time.

jpinnix
Oct 15, 2009, 09:29 AM
With all of the apps I've been buying, it sure is annoying to have to log in every single time. It wasn't this way before 9.

Portaluk
Oct 22, 2009, 02:49 PM
This is driving me bonkers, i'm sure it never happened before version 9.
I tick remember password box every time, played with keychain access, looked all over the net for solution but nothing.

I use 1password so my password for itunes isnt something that is memorable just a load of random gibberish. Every free app 'purchase' or song=open 1password enter password, find itunes password, click edit, copy password, back to itunes, then finally paste.

Has to be a bug that apple needs to address.

Rant over feel better now :p

jjk454ss
Oct 29, 2009, 04:49 PM
I hope today's update to iTunes fixes this. I haven't been home to test it yet though.

Whizz Kid
Nov 1, 2009, 10:25 AM
You're going to be disappointed I'm afraid. It's still asking me for mine. :mad:

jjk454ss
Nov 1, 2009, 10:29 AM
You're going to be disappointed I'm afraid. It's still asking me for mine. :mad:

Yeah, same here. Oh well

Portaluk
Nov 2, 2009, 01:41 PM
This is why i have the apple feedback page bookmarked, if they get enough feedback about the same problem surely they will act upon it.

http://www.apple.com/feedback/

giannisk
Nov 2, 2009, 04:02 PM
I have the same problem with 9.
It cannot remember password. The worst case was yesterday when i tried to put an album at wish list.
It asked for password 15 times in a row, then i cancelled.
Also i cannot register my iphone i bought.
i am using Leopard and 1Password also.
I wonder if the combination play a roll ?

SecretAsianMan
Dec 3, 2009, 09:04 PM
Same problem here. iTunes 9.0.2.

It's not just working.

Gav Mack
Dec 9, 2009, 05:03 PM
Same problem, the post on this thread (http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=2167066) fixed it at last for me.

Just by curiosity I dug around in the iTunes preferences for something else (+I'm trying to get iTunes 9 to stop automatically opening to the iTunes Store and open to my Library instead like it used to in iTunes 8+). In any case, I think I may have stumbled upon a fix for this issue for me. I went into the Advanced preferences, clicked the Reset button to "Reset all dialog warnings".

Since clicking the Reset button I had to make one attempt at checking the remember password check box, but never again.

Portaluk
Dec 10, 2009, 02:42 AM
I think you must be one of the lucky ones Gav Mack.

I have reset the dialog warnings, deauthorized - reauthorized computer and deleted itunes keychain access, but still have the same problem.

Gav Mack
Dec 10, 2009, 04:50 AM
I think you must be one of the lucky ones Gav Mack.

I have reset the dialog warnings, deauthorized - reauthorized computer and deleted itunes keychain access, but still have the same problem.

Have you tried repairing the disk permissions in disk utility?

Doctor Q
Jan 19, 2010, 05:42 PM
Since I've had the same problem for a month or more, I asked the manager in an Apple Store. The answer: "It's a security feature. Apple changed it on purpose."

I doubt that. It's clearly a bug.

jjk454ss
Feb 1, 2010, 09:38 PM
Finally, they fix this issue with 9.0.3:).

Version 9.0.3:

Provides a number of important bug fixes, including:

* iTunes no longer ignores your "Remember password for purchases" setting.
* Addresses problems with syncing some Smart Playlists and Podcasts with iPod.
* Resolves a problem recognizing when iPod is connected.
* Addresses issues that affect stability and performance.

Portaluk
Feb 2, 2010, 12:42 PM
I'm so glad this was sorted out, the password issue was so annoying. :)

steve knight
Feb 2, 2010, 01:22 PM
bub did not apple claim they stopped it because of security?

Doctor Q
Feb 2, 2010, 07:49 PM
bub did not apple claim they stopped it because of security?
Yes, that's what an Apple Store manager told me. A case of "making up an answer when you don't know the answer."

Sandy Santra
Feb 3, 2010, 06:04 AM
The new iTunes update (a HUGE download) is supposed to have fixed this yet, but I have not yet tested it.

lordhamster
Feb 3, 2010, 07:37 AM
This is a huge PITA. But not only here. I have a podcast subscription that requires a password. Every two to three weeks I have to re-enter the damned password. What a pain!

bw02
Apr 18, 2010, 05:06 AM
I'm having a problem that I think is the same thing. I get most of my TV Shows from iTunes store and subscribe to seasons for some of it. Used to be I could get the shows to download automatically when they were available - now I have to click the "Check for Available Downloads" button every time - and it prompts me to type my iTunes store password twice. It never did this before the last month or so. Very annoying - feedback sent to Apple.
I'm thinking they created some kind of session timeout that's started to bite people.