PDA

View Full Version : eMac Install 10.5 Leopard! Please help!

chillined1212
Sep 12, 2009, 11:10 AM
For some time now I have been trying to install leopard. I have an older mac, that doesn't support it, but I read on the internet you could fake the processor speed in the firmware, and install it. I have an OLD emac. I mean the original emac (nvidia) 700 MHz PowerPc G4. I also have another mac that is an eMac (ATI) 1 ghz processor (Which installed leopard great) I cant seem to get it to work. I download a program called leopard assist, which changes the firmware so the leopard disc will think it have so much processor speed. When I run that and put in the leopard disc, it should boot up in the disc. But instead I get, Please reboot. Here is a image.

http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/7792/pict0017lo8.jpg

Thats not my image but thats what shows up. Is it because I only have 256 mb sd ram??? I really need leopard to run on this mac. Tiger is going instinct! Help me any way you can! :(

Bennieboyİ
Sep 12, 2009, 11:33 AM
you need to bump the ram up a lot, you cant cheat the system into believing more is there when it's not, ideally you need at least 1 Gb of ram then, hopefully it should work, if not then dont persist, i've fried hard drives trying to install leopard before now,