PDA

View Full Version : Just got my first Ipod - os question

cultivate
Sep 12, 2009, 11:45 AM
So I order a 15" macbook pro on Tuesday as well as a ipod touch online though the student promo that apple had going on, and i up graded from the 8g to the 16g model.

My macbook pro is coming Monday and my Ipod Touch arrived Friday, but it didn't have the version 3 software on it. I was under the impression that all later model G2 Touches came with this software update, am I wrong?

TraceyS/FL
Sep 12, 2009, 12:02 PM
Yup, you are wrong! LOL!!

Only the newest 3rd Gen ones will come with 3.0 (the refurbs might at some point - i think the 1st gen ones finally got v2, but i can't be certain on that). But the iPT's don't get free upgrades like the computers do.

The good news is that the update is now only $4.95.

Enjoy the new "toys" though!!!!

Did you get the glossy or matte screen?

csnplt
Sep 12, 2009, 03:05 PM
So I order a 15" macbook pro on Tuesday as well as a ipod touch online though the student promo that apple had going on, and i up graded from the 8g to the 16g model.

My macbook pro is coming Monday and my Ipod Touch arrived Friday, but it didn't have the version 3 software on it. I was under the impression that all later model G2 Touches came with this software update, am I wrong?

If you'd like you can pay $5, but many people don't, since the iPhone users don't need to pay to upgrade. If you want to go this route, google iPhone iPod touch firmware download felix, and it's the first result. Choose 3.0 for iPod touch 2g.

cultivate
Sep 12, 2009, 05:20 PM
thanks for the response guys... I just sort of assumed that it would come with the 3.0 update since all the computers get the up date as soon as they come out... I don't mind paying the $5 for the upgrade i just thought i would double check before I sped the $5.

$5 is not a big deal i know but I'm dutch...

thanks again

drucnk as ****!