Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JamesGorman

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Dec 31, 2008
Winnipeg
Well I just upgraded my computer to snow leopard, and Im very happy. It went very well, and was incredibly easy. I havent run into one problem as of yet. No compatibly issues, no spotlight problems, nothing. I also heard of people complaining that snow leopard was very slow when they upgraded and didnt do a clean install, well for me, I noticed a speed increase over leopard, and I just simply did an upgrade. Im very pleased with this new OS. I think apple did a very good job refining leopard.

I just thought id share this with people, so they don't always have to read the things going wrong with an upgrade over a clean install.:apple:

EDIT: Not sure if it matters, but I installed off of a usb drive.

matthewscott661

macrumors 6502
Jun 27, 2009
Chicago
My experience has been fanatastic with SL so far. The only issue I had was that tap-to-click was flaky sometimes, but it was fixed with the 10.6.1 update.

markcres

macrumors 6502
Mar 30, 2006
UK
I bought a brand new MacBook at PC World yesterday ;)

The sales guy said it had Leopard installed... but that I could order SL from Apple's website for £6.

In fact, when I broke the seal and opened the box there was a SL DVD inside. After the initial setup I just popped the SL DVD in and it only gave one option - to install Snow Leopard.

As soon as that finished, up popped the Software Update notification for 10.6.1

The machine seems very fast to me... and the only downside of the whole process was the incorrect DVI-VGA converter lead the in-store "Apple Expert" told me to get !!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.