Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

humblepie

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 12, 2009
New to this forum but thought when i saw GoodReader retailing at 99 cents its quite a catch. I am skeptical about ratings and review but it turns out that its quite good!

Can be a solid productivity app at tat price especially for students.

I did a thorough guide on how this app could really boost your productivity on the go >> Using GoodReader for productivity

does it measure up to air sync and the likes?

Pika

macrumors 68000
Oct 5, 2008
Japan
Well.. i have [app]Readdle PDF Expert[/app] wich i think is superior to this one... Correct me if im wrong...

gekkota

macrumors member
Aug 13, 2008
I think Good Reader is the best app available for reading pdf's, and it's a steal at 99 cents. I paid full price--$4.99--and it was worth every penny.

It is designed to work well with long pdf's. I downloaded a 900-page anatomy textbook, and it renders the pages and embedded images flawlessly. It maintains the bookmarks and formatting in the original document, and allows you to create your own chapters and bookmarks.

It works well with ebooks in pdf format, too. It's just an all-around great app. Puts the other pdf readers to shame, IMO. No need to wade through all those Readdle apps--this is the pdf reader to get! :)

humblepie

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 12, 2009
I think you would really need someone familiar with PDF expert to really compare. Unfortunately I do not have enough funds to buy so many of them and try.

This files transfer and view application arena is getting crowded. What will make them stand out?

For me I think it will be better loading speed for pate to page view

fredf

macrumors 6502
Oct 31, 2008
why a pdf reader?

Can someone explain to me why I need a specific pdf reader?
I haven't opened many pdfs on my phone yet, but I have opened up a couple of email attachments and they seemed ok.

I just purchased Documents to Go and have not yet opened a pdf but it claims to be a pdf reader.

I'm happy to buy this app while it's on sale and people seem to think it's pretty good but do I need it if I already have Documents to Go and if so what is the added functionality?

thanks

humblepie

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 12, 2009
Can someone explain to me why I need a specific pdf reader?
I haven't opened many pdfs on my phone yet, but I have opened up a couple of email attachments and they seemed ok.

I just purchased Documents to Go and have not yet opened a pdf but it claims to be a pdf reader.

I'm happy to buy this app while it's on sale and people seem to think it's pretty good but do I need it if I already have Documents to Go and if so what is the added functionality?

thanks

i think that is another permutation to it. cause i don't have a docs to go from the on set thats why i need one. but if docs to go can view it like the way it is displayed for the documents in the post above and at a value for money price then i believe it is a good product as well. infact it will be better since it can edit word and excel docs.

to me u need to be satisfied with it and get down to using it rather than finding the best out of them.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.