Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ungjaevel

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 18, 2009
Hey!

I've got a MBA, 2,13Ghz rev C, Windows 7 Ultimate x64... and a problem.

Simple:
The fans don't change according to temperature. Why?

Explained:
When starting system, everything works fine. Normal useage, surfing, mail etc etc - no problem. If I decide to watch a HD movie - the fans go up, as does the temperature (this is monitored closely by several programs). If shutting movie... the fans stay at "high" - even if no CPU or OS load. Why?

Also..
I'm undervolting. Have been doing with every laptop so far, with great success. When running the program (CPUgenie at the moment), the fans don't react at all. I'm assuming this is because the program uses some clever function with only heats the core, not stressing it. The temperature goes up... up... up... up... fans... stay the same... as they were.. as they were... temp reaches 85... getting nervous.... fans stay.... 90...... 91... 92.... ****. I abort the test. I do realize the temp can go 105, but I don't want my laptop to experience that. WHYYYY doesn't the fans "follow" the temperature?

I realize this is a Mac forum, so maybe I'm wrong. But does anyone have any sollution? Any other MBA/Win7 users with similar problems?

Cheers
f

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.