Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nooaah

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 3, 2009
Philadelphia, PA
I'm trying to install memory but for some reason none of the screws save for two will actually unscrew. Is there a certain order I should be unscrewing these or are they known to be extremely tight? I feel like either the screw or screwdriver is going to break.

I couldn't find anything on this in a search or apple's support so I apologize if this has been covered ad nauseam somehow.

dennis123123

macrumors member
Aug 30, 2009
3 of the 4 top edge screws are much longer than the rest, but they should all be the same tightness and unscrew in any order.

Are you using one of those tiny metal jewellers type screwdrivers? You probably won't get enough torque using a thin one.

iPhanatic

macrumors member
Jul 21, 2008
Cupertino, CA
Check this video out

I'm trying to install memory but for some reason none of the screws save for two will actually unscrew. Is there a certain order I should be unscrewing these or are they known to be extremely tight? I feel like either the screw or screwdriver is going to break.

I couldn't find anything on this in a search or apple's support so I apologize if this has been covered ad nauseam somehow.

http://eshop.macsales.com/installvideos/macbookpro_13_unibody_mem/

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.