Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Burnsey

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 1, 2007
Canada
Just wondering what you're thoughts on our website are. We appreciate any feedback, comments, and constructive criticism!

DaReal_Dionysus

macrumors regular
Jan 9, 2009
The website looks good. First alright website I have on here in a while. The pricing is not good at all. Your going to have serious issues. selling your product.

Burnsey

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 1, 2007
Canada
The website looks good. First alright website I have on here in a while. The pricing is not good at all. Your going to have serious issues. selling your product.

How so? Of course we could advertise tons more resources at those prices like many others do, but they cant deliver those promises. Ours is realistic, and we've had great success so far under our current pricing plan.

Dal123

macrumors 6502a
Oct 23, 2008
England
Beautiful site, really nice. Love the colours and the animation/ slideshows/ interactivity of the site.
Did you build this site? If not how much did you pay for it. Very nice :).

Burnsey

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 1, 2007
Canada
Beautiful site, really nice. Love the colours and the animation/ slideshows/ interactivity of the site.
Did you build this site? If not how much did you pay for it. Very nice :).

Thanks for the comment! We designed the site in-house.

snickelfritz

macrumors 65816
Oct 24, 2003
Tucson AZ
Beautiful site. Excellent use of Flash on the banner.
Small glitch: the drop shadow in the globe graphic on the domains page is chopped off at the ankles.

Hubbu

macrumors newbie
Dec 24, 2007
Great website! The only thing I can comment on is the tracking on the words in the footer. It feels a bit too exaggerated.

stridemat

Staff member
Apr 2, 2008
UK
Smart looking professional website, I need to change my host. If I was interested would I pay monthly or yearly?

Burnsey

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 1, 2007
Canada
Thanks for the comments and feedback guys!

Beautiful site. Excellent use of Flash on the banner.
Small glitch: the drop shadow in the globe graphic on the domains page is chopped off at the ankles.

Thanks for pointing that out! We'll try and get that fixed.

Great website! The only thing I can comment on is the tracking on the words in the footer. It feels a bit too exaggerated.

Yeah, we're planning on redesigning the footer soon and replace it with a neater design.

Smart looking professional website, I need to change my host. If I was interested would I pay monthly or yearly?

Thank you! You can pay either monthly or yearly, we don't force our clients down a certain payment plan like most hosts.

DaReal_Dionysus

macrumors regular
Jan 9, 2009

Burnsey

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 1, 2007
Canada

On the surface yes. In reality, it couldn't be further from the truth. Putting aside the whole debate of "unlimited" and how it doesn't exist, those hosts force you to pay years in advance to get those prices.

SurpassHosting - $7/mo (they will NOT let you use 500GB of disk space, it's called overselling)

HostMonster - $5.95/mo, but only a yearly option, no monthly payment option ($71 due at signup)

BlueHost - $4.95/mo (regular $7.95/mo), but again no monthly payment option ($60 due at signup, regular $95)

GoDaddy - $4.99/mo, but you have to pay 3 months in advance, no monthly option

ItsJustHosting - $2.50/mo, monthly payment option, $25 if you choose to purchase annually.

Considering most websites will have enough resources and then some with our basic plan at $2.50/mo, our pricing is very good. Why pay twice, and even 3 times as much, and pay for it a year in advance to get it when most websites will do perfectly fine at $2.50/mo?

The above hosts promise either "unlimited" or huge amounts of resources (500GB) to lure people in, but in their TOS (as with the TOS of all shared providers) there are restrictions (no video streaming, no file storage, static pages etc...) that limit you to about what we offer in terms of resources, which is realistic for the shared platform. If your website is using anything that is resource intensive, those hosts will suspend you, because at that point you're looking at either a VPS or dedicated server.

The shared platform cannot support a website that gets "unlimited" traffic or uses "500GB" of disk space. It would simply not be worth it for the provider to offer you those resources at even $7/mo, because at that point you will be using a nice chunk of an expensive server's resources that they can allocate to many people with basic needs and make way more.

We offer realistic resources, at realistic (bordering on affordable) prices. We too could advertise Unlimited or 500GB disk with our basic plan, but we choose to be honest.

chiefroastbeef

macrumors 6502a
May 26, 2008
Dallas, Texas/ Hong Kong
That is an absolutely fantastic looking website! The design and looks of the website already sold me on the quality of product you offer. Currently I am using fatcow.com for my hosting, I will keep your site bookmark when I want to try a new hosting.

Great job, did you code this yourself?

Burnsey

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 1, 2007
Canada
That is an absolutely fantastic looking website! The design and looks of the website already sold me on the quality of product you offer. Currently I am using fatcow.com for my hosting, I will keep your site bookmark when I want to try a new hosting.

Great job, did you code this yourself?

Thank you, and yes!

Darth.Titan

macrumors 68030
Oct 31, 2007
Austin, TX

The OP asked for a critique of the website design, not advice on how to price their product.

Let's keep on-topic please.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.