PDA

View Full Version : Ibook won't bootup no apple icon on grey screen

bnrr
Sep 13, 2009, 06:10 AM
Hi, I hope I am posting on the right topic, since this is my first post. To start off, I have a IBook A1005 don't know what the OS is, and MHGz is because I just got the laptop from a freind of mine and was told that it still works.
When turn on or power up it takes almost a minute to boot to the grey screen (just a blank screen with nothing showing at all) then after for almost 2 minutes a flashing folder with a smilely face and a question mark appears on the screen, just flashing intermittenly with nothing else. I have check with other post with the same issue, but nothing that says without the apple icon and spinning wheel. I also follow tips about how reset the PRAM and so on. This is my very first time to work with apple computer and not very knowledgeble about the keyboard layout and the system icons.
another thing.. when the unit is turn on with power plug connected I check the green indicator on the battery, and first two lights will light up and then the third one last. I do hear a chime when it boots to the grey screen, I could hear the hard drive powering up and spinning with the normal sounds.
could any one in macrumors community assist teach me a newbie in the apple world. Thanks.