Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kdone

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 10, 2009
Hi

I am using Microsoft Entourage as my email application and I seem to be generating major duplicates especially on recurring calendar items.

Mobileme support say it is an entourage issue and that I should contact microsoft

Does anyone know how to cure this?

Also does anyone know how to remove these duplicates quickly as it is pretty much impossible for me to delete them one by one as each particular event is racking up hundreds now

Thanks in advance

zandrew

macrumors newbie
Feb 22, 2008
I had terrible duplication problems with Entourage. So much so I abandoned and I just use the built in Apple apps now. To be honest, I prefer them now I've got used to them (I think it was my work windoze/outlook based brain that thought I'd prefer Entourage!)

However, to answer your questions, I seem to recall updating Entourage to the latest service pack stopped Calendar duplication but didn't stop the duplication of Address Book entries.

Might be worth a try until someone with a bigger and better brain than mine comes along.

///M5

macrumors 6502
May 14, 2009
Mississauga, ON
I had the same problem before, contacts went from 700ish to 5000!

Import your contacts to Address Book.app then "Look for Duplicates" under "Card".

I did lose some contacts/numbers though. But still, better than spending hours manually deleting contacts.

HTH.

PS. no idea how to delete duplicates from the calendar, sorry!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.