View Full Version : Should I buy an apple tv?

Sep 13, 2009, 08:51 PM
Just got into downloading a few movies on Itunes and I was looking at the 40 gig version but have seen bestbuy or apple is out of stock, are they going to discontinue it?

Should I wait , any news one a new one coming out?

btw they going for about 150.00 on ebay or craigslist for used

Help me decide, thanks

TwinCities Dan
Sep 13, 2009, 08:54 PM
I don't think it will be discontinued but I would've liked to see a refresh at the iTunes event.

I would say it's as safe as any time to buy.

I love my :apple:TV, if you dig into streaming you will open some very big doors. ;)

Sep 13, 2009, 09:08 PM
Since it wasn't updated at the iPod Event, it seems safe to buy for now. It is still long overdue for new hardware, but based on Apple's trend of enhancements rather then redesigns over the past year I only expect another software update this year (to bring iTunes LP, Extra and Genius Mixes).