PDA

View Full Version : iPod about to die?!...

Bengt77
Jul 7, 2004, 02:17 PM
Okay, the subjectline is somewhat exaggerated, but my precious iPod is hurt quite a bit, though. The metal bottom is yielding from the plastic top and there is now a narrow gap between those two (only visible when you view the iPod en face) for sticking in, say, a nail. Has anybody else seen this with a 3G iPod yet? I went to the store and the guy that helped me there said he had seen it once before, but never again. He thought it was very weird (like I do, of course) too.

Anyways, I'm off to send it to Apple; I have already filled in the forms at Apple's support pages. I hope they'll repair it or give me a new one. Oh well, I'll just wait and see...

mpopkin
Jul 7, 2004, 02:50 PM
First off
How old is your iPod? that is an important question, Apple is notoriously cheap so dont expect a new one, expect them to either glue it back together or send a refurb., but the iPod is openable along the sides in the manner that you are suggesting, have you tried to close it normally, you can also use glue(be careful).
Good Luck

Okay, the subjectline is somewhat exaggerated, but my precious iPod is hurt quite a bit, though. The metal bottom is yielding from the plastic top and there is now a narrow gap between those two (only visible when you view the iPod en face) for sticking in, say, a nail. Has anybody else seen this with a 3G iPod yet? I went to the store and the guy that helped me there said he had seen it once before, but never again. He thought it was very weird (like I do, of course) too.

Anyways, I'm off to send it to Apple; I have already filled in the forms at Apple's support pages. I hope they'll repair it or give me a new one. Oh well, I'll just wait and see...

Bengt77
Jul 19, 2004, 04:06 PM
Apple is notoriously cheap so dont expect a new one, expect them to either glue it back together or send a refurb.

Well, I got my iPod back this morning. And guess what? They didn't even bother repairing it; they just sent me a new one. Too bad that, on the day the new iPods are introduced, I didn't get a really new (4G) one. Although I'm actually quite happy with my 40GB (3G) iPod.

Horrortaxi
Jul 19, 2004, 07:17 PM
Apple is notoriously cheap so dont expect a new one, expect them to either glue it back together or send a refurb.
Oh, so what you're saying is that Apple is so cheap they'll remedy the customer's problem. Yeah, what bastards. How dare they not offer him a PowerMac G5 and a gold plated sex slave for his trouble. Cheap indeed.

paulypants
Jul 19, 2004, 07:48 PM
Oh, so what you're saying is that Apple is so cheap they'll remedy the customer's problem. Yeah, what bastards. How dare they not offer him a PowerMac G5 and a gold plated sex slave for his trouble. Cheap indeed.

powermac G5 or gold-plated sex slave hmmmmmmmmmmm....