PDA

View Full Version : Speck Candyshell cracked.

mantic
Sep 14, 2009, 04:46 PM
I've had this case for a little over a month now and love it. I was just sitting here at my desk and looked down and saw a crack at the bottom. It's in the thin piece under the home button. For a $35 case i think this is unacceptable. Anyone else have this problem? If so have you been able to get it replaced?

EatMyApple
Sep 14, 2009, 08:30 PM
I've had this case for a little over a month now and love it. I was just sitting here at my desk and looked down and saw a crack at the bottom. It's in the thin piece under the home button. For a $35 case i think this is unacceptable. Anyone else have this problem? If so have you been able to get it replaced?

It's happened to me a couple times. Just email Speck customer support, they might ask for a copy of receipt, and you will get a replacement in the mail.

mantic
Sep 14, 2009, 10:09 PM
It's happened to me a couple times. Just email Speck customer support, they might ask for a copy of receipt, and you will get a replacement in the mail.

Yeah, I shot them an email. I guess we'll see.

If this happened in a month for me I assumed more would have the same problem.

Ferris23
Sep 14, 2009, 10:14 PM
The first release of colors had a cracking problem. The second release uses a better material and is supposed to be more durable. Which color do you have?

I have black/grey and when I remove the phone from the top it puts no stress on the bottom at all.

mantic
Sep 14, 2009, 10:22 PM
The first release of colors had a cracking problem. The second release uses a better material and is supposed to be more durable. Which color do you have?

I have black/grey and when I remove the phone from the top it puts no stress on the bottom at all.

I have the batwing black.

V4705
Sep 14, 2009, 11:10 PM

cracking is always on the plastic layer and thats doesnt changed on the "2nd edition", the corners ripping issue maybe fixed with the new silicone.

mantic
Sep 15, 2009, 06:11 PM
I've gone through the motions and set up to receive a replacement case. The unfortunate thing is that black is on backorder 1-2 weeks. I don't really care for the other colors so I think I'm just gonna have to wait on the black.

Daremo
Sep 15, 2009, 09:03 PM
I've gone through the motions and set up to receive a replacement case. The unfortunate thing is that black is on backorder 1-2 weeks. I don't really care for the other colors so I think I'm just gonna have to wait on the black.

Take the white one, and I'll trade you. I have a BRAND NEW black case in an unopened box I'll swap for a white one.