PDA

View Full Version : powerbook rubber feer

virividox
Jul 7, 2004, 06:03 PM
i have lost 2 grey rubber feet, have any of you guys lost your rubber feet if so have you found replacements?

im talking about the al books

cb911
Jul 8, 2004, 03:38 AM
hhmmm... i haven't lost any. i do remember there were some other threads around, but i don't know if they only apply for the TiBooks. i hope you have a good friend at an Apple store somewhere, i'm pretty sure they've got spares that you'd be able to use.

virividox
Jul 8, 2004, 03:45 AM
well so far i dont see any problem with it hehe i normally raise my powerbook anyway, but as long as i dont see it it wont really bug me

Finiksa
Jul 8, 2004, 03:46 AM
I know two people with AL Powerbooks and neither have lost any feet from theirs.

However, I have an iBook and have lost three of the feet. Went into an Apple reseller cost $10 for a pack of 4 replacements.

virividox
Jul 8, 2004, 05:00 AM
i dont think 10 dollars is worth it

BakedBeans
Jul 8, 2004, 05:15 AM

IF YOU WANT THE BEST YOUR GUNNA HAVE TO PAY...I AGREE 10 IS EXPENSIVE FOR 4 TINY BITS OF RUBBER...BUT THIS ISNT PCS WERE TALKING ABOUT IS IT

virividox
Jul 8, 2004, 05:32 AM
i am sure if i look hard enough i can find the same rubber feet for less than 10 bucks, but im not bothered by the missing anymore

BrianKonarsMac
Jul 8, 2004, 05:52 AM
if you want the best what...rubber "feet"? get real.

stevehaslip
Jul 8, 2004, 06:30 AM
i think i've read that if you just go in to an apple store and ask the genius then he will fit them for free, i wouldnt just walk in and ask though be crafty about it! ;)

Coolvirus007
Jul 8, 2004, 06:44 AM
When I went to the apple store, the guy at the bar offered to replace the rubber feet for me for free when I went to have the ram cover plate screws loosened (i bought crucial ram and the memory plate was too hard to open).

virividox
Jul 8, 2004, 07:28 AM
When I went to the apple store, the guy at the bar offered to replace the rubber feet for me for free when I went to have the ram cover plate screws loosened (i bought crucial ram and the memory plate was too hard to open).

ooo i might just do that then

yinyang
Jul 8, 2004, 07:30 AM
i think if you do a search on ebay for powerbookfootguy (or something similar) he selle replacement feet, though apparenlty not for the newest AlBooks!

good luck!

keysersoze
Jul 8, 2004, 07:35 AM
i think if you do a search on ebay for powerbookfootguy (or something similar) he selle replacement feet, though apparenlty not for the newest AlBooks!

good luck!

Agreed. I've seen some on eBay-- both the original feet as well as "New and Improved" 3rd Party feet. Seems its a common problem. I think they were under your $10 limit. Just ebay it.

wordmunger
Jul 8, 2004, 07:57 AM
I called and got them from apple tech support. I had to seriously beg for them, though, and they did end up charging me. I'm not sure it was $10. Maybe more like $5. I've also heard you can get them at Radio Shack for much less.

Celeron
Jul 8, 2004, 08:00 AM
IF YOU WANT THE BEST YOUR GUNNA HAVE TO PAY...I AGREE 10 IS EXPENSIVE FOR 4 TINY BITS OF RUBBER...BUT THIS ISNT PCS WERE TALKING ABOUT IS IT

Stop yelling...

Finiksa
Jul 8, 2004, 08:08 AM

That's Australian dollars so more like US$6.95

EDIT: That included shipping and installation, not a bad price really.

jxyama
Jul 8, 2004, 08:44 AM
mine started to come off after 10 months or so. i yanked all of them myself and glued them back on with superglue. no problems since.

i highly recommend everyone do the same to avoid losing any of them...

michaelrjohnson
Jul 8, 2004, 09:41 AM
I just bought my new PowerBook 2 days ago, and I will be buying 3rd Party RAM soon enough, but I went to look at the RAM plate on the bottom of my machine, and one of the screws is stripped! I dont' know how the heck they're going to get it open, but I'm going to ask for a set of replacement screws for my RAM plate! :)

javabear90
Jul 8, 2004, 09:44 AM
Mine have fallen off about 8 times. I just go to the apple store and the give me new ones!

r6girl
Jul 8, 2004, 12:00 PM

good luck!

i purchased these feet from this ebay seller and was totally dissatisfied. the feet sold are not even close to the stock feet on my powerbook. they're home-made and sloppily cut - much thicker than the stock feet, and they did not fit into the recessed hole on the bottom of my powerbook as promised. and the seller charges $2.00 for shipping, then sends them to you via first class mail in a plain envelope with a $.37 stamp - the shipping charge is clear in the auction, so that's fine, but i just have a problem with being so clearly INTENTIONALLY charged more on the shipping than is needed. i sell stuff on ebay and don't try to make a profit on shipping. but to each her own.

i will say that when i expressed my dissatisfaction, the seller was quick to provide a refund. i returned the feet, no problem. but i wouldn't recommend buying these if you are looking for an exact match to the stock feet on your powerbook. i'm probably pretty picky, but i didn't want ugly feet on my powerbook.

marianne

sandman2004
Jul 20, 2004, 11:28 PM
I tried the feet from Powerbookfootguy and am very happy with them.

They look almost exactly like Apple feet once you glue them on with superglue. They are a little taller which seems to help my PB cooling fan. The fan rarely comes on now and the feet haven't come off yet - It's been over 4 months since I put them on.

For $6.95 buy it now they're a good deal.

Cordless_Drill
Jul 20, 2004, 11:40 PM
I used to struggle with the feet on my Pismo ...

Until one day I went into a furniture store and bought some serious feet. These puppies were 1/2 inch high. I superglued them on. They were awesome. They gripped really well and they never so much as bend, much less come off.

They are ugly as sin, but who the heck sees the bottom of a PowerBook?

When these feet (15/1.33) start acting up, I'll prolly do the same thing. More clearance under the box means more air flow and less heat. Not a bad deal...

sushi
Jul 21, 2004, 01:37 AM
i have lost 2 grey rubber feet, have any of you guys lost your rubber feet if so have you found replacements?

im talking about the al books
As of today, I've lost three on my PB15! :mad:

Sushi

sushi
Jul 21, 2004, 01:41 AM
What is with the yelling?! :eek:

Please turn off your CAPS LOCK.

Thanks!

Sushi