PDA

View Full Version : Definetly the weakest link.

thejazzman10
Jul 7, 2004, 06:31 PM
I was just watching the weakest link, and lo and behold, the announcer says and I quote "what company produces the iPod music player" , and the lady answers "IBM" WTF! :confused: oh well......pooooor apple.

just a little rant :D

pinto32
Jul 7, 2004, 07:09 PM
if Jobs finds out that some people think the iPod is made by big blue, then I pity the first person he runs into from marketing......

Chip NoVaMac
Jul 7, 2004, 08:50 PM
I know the answer! It's HP! :D

Dr. Dastardly
Jul 7, 2004, 08:58 PM
What happened to the HP iPod? Not that I really care I thought they were ugly. :eek:

wdlove
Jul 7, 2004, 09:21 PM
My first thought about the situation, how old is the lady. If she isn't a computer user and older, then IBM would be her company of record.

mymemory
Jul 7, 2004, 10:02 PM
I thought the iPod was made by iMac and iMac is a clon that is taking Apple market really quick because it can run Unix and is cheaper. :confused:

themadchemist
Jul 7, 2004, 10:38 PM
I thought the iPod was made by iMac and iMac is a clon that is taking Apple market really quick because it can run Unix and is cheaper. :confused:

ha! well said, rei, very well said.

stoid
Jul 7, 2004, 10:38 PM
what's an iPod?

:rolleyes:

themadchemist
Jul 7, 2004, 10:50 PM
what's an iPod?

genetically-engineered peas, I think.

sushi
Jul 7, 2004, 10:53 PM
I believe that there is a company called iApple that is involved somehow. Something about an agreement with I2BM (iIBM). :D

Sushi

sushi
Jul 7, 2004, 10:54 PM
genetically-engineered peas, I think.
Black-eyed vice regular ones I think! :D

Sushi

OutThere
Jul 7, 2004, 11:09 PM
A: Ahh, I see you got a new iMac!
B: No, this is an iPod.
A: Ahh, I see, made by IBM?
B: No, made by Apple.
A: Oh, so Mac is making those things now?

mkrishnan
Jul 7, 2004, 11:36 PM
I know the answer! It's HP! :D

Wait, wait, I know this one. Don't tell me. It's ummm, ummm, oh, oh, its on the tip of my tongue. Dell? No. Ummm, it was some kind of food theme logo...Gateway? No, wrong food group. Its on the tip of my tongue. Oh, well, if I figure it out I'll post a reply later. :p

Dr. Dastardly
Jul 8, 2004, 07:51 PM
Made by Orange, or Pineapple or something. I know its a fruit.

Wait is a tomatoe a fruit or vegitable?

rainman::|:|
Jul 8, 2004, 10:14 PM
the weakest link is still on?!

there are some benefits to watching almost no TV, it just takes a while to see them...

paul

themadchemist
Jul 8, 2004, 10:20 PM
the weakest link is still on?!

there are some benefits to watching almost no TV, it just takes a while to see them...

paul

I didn't know it was still on either. When I saw the thread title, the show came to mind, but then I thought, "Nah! It couldn't be referring to The Weakest Link. That show was cancelled!"

Of course, it was pretty good at the beginning. But the mean woman couldn't live up to her own reputation for an ascerbic tongue as time pressed on, and then she got replaced by someone whom I'm sure was pretty incompetent.

The only appeal the show ever had was in its insults. When those started getting old, so did the show.

Dr. Dastardly
Jul 9, 2004, 12:04 AM
I didn't know it was still on either. When I saw the thread title, the show came to mind, but then I thought, "Nah! It couldn't be referring to The Weakest Link. That show was cancelled!"

Of course, it was pretty good at the beginning. But the mean woman couldn't live up to her own reputation for an ascerbic tongue as time pressed on, and then she got replaced by someone whom I'm sure was pretty incompetent.

The only appeal the show ever had was in its insults. When those started getting old, so did the show.
I think its still on in Europe. It originated there didn't it?

garybUK
Jul 9, 2004, 04:18 AM
I think its still on in Europe. It originated there didn't it?

Yes the Weakest Link was created by the BBC, it got old even before it went to the US! ... they occasionally show the US versions on BBC4 (Digital Television) but the reactions they seem to go stupid and react like morons...

might just be us brits with stiff upper-lips or something, i dont know but anne robinson is mean! she used to do a show called Watchdog, where people complain about products/companies and she didn't half grill some of the companies that came on to apologise...