Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AWallen90

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 15, 2009
All storage capacities aside is there going to be any differences in the 32 gb and the 64 gb ipod touch. I'm looking into buying the 64 but am worried that it might perform slower or be more prone to a crash than the 32. Has any one done speed tests to see if there is any difference in the performance. thanks in advance for all your insights.

Silencer

macrumors member
Aug 11, 2009
London
Depends on how much stuff you are gonna put on it. If there was still a 16gb model 3rd gen I would have got it. But I got the next best thing at 32gb for the improved performance.

MacPrincess888

macrumors newbie
Sep 11, 2009
Just go for the 64GB. I had the 16GB 1G iPod Touch and filled it up too fast with videos and apps! The larger capacity is worth and I just bought the 64GB one on Friday and it is really fast, even with like 25GB worth of stuff on it!:D

Unspoken Demise

macrumors 68040
Apr 16, 2009
>9,000
Not trying to be insulting OP, but why would you think it may be more prone to crashes? Is this idle paranoia, or have you heard this from someone? Just wondering, because I cant say I've heard this concern before.

michael.lauden

macrumors 68020
Dec 25, 2008
why isn't this closed?

if you have a large library of music and videos, and you want them all on your iPod, get the larger version.

there aren't pros or cons, and this isn't much of a discussion.

kwajkat

macrumors regular
Aug 17, 2009
With a $100 difference for double the memory between the 32 and the 64, this should be a no brainer:D

Moocher

macrumors regular
Mar 5, 2008
NE Atlanta area
64GB recommended

With a $100 difference for double the memory between the 32 and the 64, this should be a no brainer:D

Yep. I went from a 1g 16GB to the new 64GB. I plan on using the new one for at least 2 years. Who knows how much stuff I'll want to put on it in 2 years? As of now I've got only 13GB free. You get 100% more memory for 33% more money. It's a good deal.

Mooch

AWallen90

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 15, 2009
Not trying to be insulting OP, but why would you think it may be more prone to crashes? Is this idle paranoia, or have you heard this from someone? Just wondering, because I cant say I've heard this concern before.

That was just a big problem that was ran into when larger ssd were being manufactured. After a certain point that data would scramble I know precautions have been built in therefore I was wondering if those said precautions would cause the ipod to perform tasks at a slower rate.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.