Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SayCheese

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jun 14, 2007
Oxfordshire, England
Hi all,

Can someone please recommend me a colour management device? I was looking at the Pantone huey but am not sure if it is the best.

I don't really want to spend hundreds and would like one that has the ability to work with two monitors as some point soon I am looking at getting a second screen.

I don't think that my monitor is that far out but I am in the process of editing some 100 or so shots from a wedding and need to know that what I adjust them too is what the printers (Photobox in this case) will print them as.

Suggestions?

Thanks

oblomow

macrumors 601
Apr 14, 2005
Netherlands
I just bought the spyder2express. Works fine. Cheap. Not too fancy software though, and with a minor hack it's possible to calibrate multiple screens.

jampat

macrumors 6502a
Mar 17, 2008
I have had both the Monaco Optix XR and Pantone Eye One LT and prefer the Pantone. Both work, but they do produce slightly different results (both calibrated results were much better than uncalibrated). It mainly came down to prefering the Pantone software.

mattyb240

macrumors 6502a
May 11, 2008
I just bought the spyder2express. Works fine. Cheap. Not too fancy software though, and with a minor hack it's possible to calibrate multiple screens.

Just curious if you are using this on an LED screen at all?

sarge

macrumors 6502a
Jul 20, 2003
Brooklyn
Am using Spyder too and it works well for me. I have the Pro version which allows for multiple screen calibrations while I believe the standard version will just do a single monitor.

OreoCookie

macrumors 68030
Apr 14, 2001
Sendai, Japan
I use a Spyder 2 Express for about $65 and it works great.

There have been many complaints about Hueys that they leave, well, a pinkish hue. I'm not sure whether this issue is fixed or not, I don't have personal experience with their products.

SayCheese

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jun 14, 2007
Oxfordshire, England
There have been many complaints about Hueys that they leave, well, a pinkish hue. I'm not sure whether this issue is fixed or not, I don't have personal experience with their products.

Ok, I hadn't heard that, however this is why I am asking. To get people opinions and find out what is the best.

SayCheese

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jun 14, 2007
Oxfordshire, England
I know this is an old thread. However after reading the advise here and a few reviews elsewhere I have today placed an order for a Spyder 3 pro.

Thanks all.

DourceDom

macrumors newbie
Nov 2, 2009
Colour Management

Mine is an SX, my bumpers, fenders etc are fine, there are no chips or anything, i know plenty of SX owners and they dont have that problem with the colour coded bumpers, Where did you hear this from ???

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.