Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DipDog3

macrumors 65816
Sep 20, 2002
Doesn't look like the Finnish Slotmachine Association has much of a case against the Pajatzo app but I don't think the developer has much money to fight, so he will probably just remove it from the app store.

braddick

macrumors 68040
Jun 28, 2009
Encinitas, CA
I purchased that game when it was first released as I like any app that is mechanical, but honestly, it's not that enjoyable.

Too bad he's being sued. I wonder why anyone cares enough to do so?

evp

macrumors member
Aug 29, 2006
I purchased that game when it was first released as I like any app that is mechanical, but honestly, it's not that enjoyable.

Too bad he's being sued. I wonder why anyone cares enough to do so?

The dev here. I'm sorry that you didn't like the game ;)

The problem with this case is, I cannot just pull the app. The monopoly has been on a spending spree, writing hundreds of pages of legal text and trying to register new trademarks to back-up their case. They've used so much money that they can't back down.

Btw, about pajatso - the games were produced by plenty of different manufacturers until the practice was monopolized by the state. Now RAY thinks it owns the game genre...

The funniest thing is that they tried to register a trademark for "Pajatzo" over half a year after my product was launched...

Freak

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 3, 2008
The dev here. I'm sorry that you didn't like the game ;)

The problem with this case is, I cannot just pull the app. The monopoly has been on a spending spree, writing hundreds of pages of legal text and trying to register new trademarks to back-up their case. They've used so much money that they can't back down.

Btw, about pajatso - the games were produced by plenty of different manufacturers until the practice was monopolized by the state. Now RAY thinks it owns the game genre...

The funniest thing is that they tried to register a trademark for "Pajatzo" over half a year after my product was launched...

Wow, nice to hear straight from the guy himself :)

This is a normal big company vs. a smaller company situation. Good luck in your fight against the big giant ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.