Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

puckhead193

macrumors G3
Original poster
May 25, 2004
NY
I was given a lower third file. In the folder was a FCP file along with a quicktime movie. The animation plays fine when i open the FCP file. The FCP file has 3 video layers (v1 is the movie, while V2 and V3 are text layers with a transition on the end.
What is the best way to get the lower third (file) into my project with all the animation and text presets?

Edit - i'm using FCP 6

huntercr

macrumors 65816
Jun 6, 2006
I was given a lower third file. In the folder was a FCP file along with a quicktime movie. The animation plays fine when i open the FCP file. The FCP file has 3 video layers (v1 is the movie, while V2 and V3 are text layers with a transition on the end.
What is the best way to get the lower third (file) into my project with all the animation and text presets?

Edit - i'm using FCP 6

Maybe I'm missing something... why don't you just drag the video tracks into your current project?

puckhead193

macrumors G3
Original poster
May 25, 2004
NY
what order did you put the layers in?

You mean it was black except where the lower 3rd was?

You may need to use the chroma key filter let your underlying video be seen.

i did a dirty fix... I used the .mov file that came packaged with it and replaced it for the animated one. it works fine :confused:

I still don't get why it works but it does and i'm not asking questions :p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.