PDA

View Full Version : Hackintosh + Blu-Ray Drive + XP in Fusion, possible for BR movies?

Flybye
Sep 15, 2009, 03:21 PM
I've been thinking about trying to install OSX on my entertainment PC, and then running XP in Fusion only to play Blu-Ray movies when I need to. I really don't see it as a problem, but can anyone confirm that XP in Fusion will not have a problem playing a Blu-Ray movie? It's a home built PC with parts which should work just fine.

Mr Dobey
Sep 15, 2009, 04:05 PM
I've used Windows 7 Beta and Fusion to run AnyDVD HD for Blu-Ray movies with success. But I vastly suggest Bootcamp because everything 'just worked' better.

Which Windows software did you plan on running to play Blu-Ray Movies?

Flybye
Sep 16, 2009, 12:58 AM
I've been using PowerDVD. You would think they would come out with a program called PowerBR. :p It came with the BR player, and I haven't bothered to use anything else as it has worked perfectly.

Well thanks! I have a spare harddrive on stand by. Don't want to go through the hassle of partitioning and so fourth. I am almost ready to just jump in and start my very first OSX Entertainment setup. :D At least you have given me some hope in that it IS possible to play BR movies through Fusion.

My entertainment system specs:
2.4ghz C2D E4600
Nvidia 8600 GT
2gigs of ram
500gb harddrive.

Not a powerhouse, but all I built it for was to watch movies and go on the internet. I had Ubunto on it for a few months when I first built it last year, but then I installed the BR player and had to say baabye to Linux. I have Windows 7 on it, but XP still has a smaller footprint, and XP will only need to run in the background if SL decides to be friendly.