Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fluidedge

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 1, 2007
There are rumors and then there are rumors of rumors. To post on page one that rumors 'news' from some analyst who probably got his info from this place is not news or a credible rumor. it damages the rep of this site to keep whining on about the tablet with absolutely no hard evidence for it.

It's fast becoming the powerbook G5.

angelwatt

Moderator emeritus
Aug 16, 2005
USA
I disagree. I like them on the front page. It's not like it's a daily thing. The site is founded on rumors and though some aren't based on highly credible sources, they're still enjoyable by many of us. The front page isn't updated very often so it's not hard to avoid threads you don't like.

ss957916

macrumors 6502a
Jun 17, 2009
It's called MacRUMORS! Surely a rumour is a rumour?

I wish they'd stop posting non-Apple news (like the fact the Zune was released today) on page one.

Doctor Q

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
At various times MacRumors has been asked to avoid iPhone news, Apple TV news, tablet news, news about Apple's competitors, news of routine Apple product updates, and unsubstantiated rumors. The site has also been asked to post substantiated rumors sooner (not just before they come true), to avoid posting stories when a previous story dealt with the same topic, and to skip news that people could get from Apple press releases or stock reports.

It's not surprising that different people are interested in different subsets of Apple-related news and rumors. Those who are interested in every story that's published are no doubt in the minority.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.