PDA

View Full Version : PowerMac G4 to be Discontinued

laserbeahm
Jul 8, 2004, 03:33 AM
On the Apple Store online, it states "PowerMac G4... buy now while supplies last."

Is anyone else depressed?

Finiksa
Jul 8, 2004, 03:52 AM
I guess you missed the press release a couple of weeks ago, the single processor model has been discontinued.

No, not really depressed.

Mord
Jul 8, 2004, 06:57 AM
who uses mac OS 9 anymore seriously it was very very bad it froze it crashed stuff unexpectedly quited when you knew it was going to do that so it wasent unexpected, the only good thing about that OS was the smily face on start up.

5300cs
Jul 8, 2004, 08:23 AM
who uses mac OS 9 anymore seriously it was very very bad it froze it crashed stuff unexpectedly quited when you knew it was going to do that so it wasent unexpected, the only good thing about that OS was the smily face on start up.

I use it sometimes still. It wasn't that bad; you make it sound like windows95 or something.

I'm somewhat depressed, but happy that Apple will be pushing the G5 and getting back into high gear with a fast chip. The future looks promising :)

Mord
Jul 8, 2004, 08:28 AM
sorry about the slightly harsh post but i get so many people saying macs suck because of the peoblems they have with there parents mac thats running OS 8.6 or somthing because there to stuburn to upgrade to ten

edit: the geforce 4 ti upgrade has gone down in price in price it's only a 69 upgrade now, that card is still very good (and with my friends dual 1.4 tower it plays call of duty at 1024x76 with everything maxed out without droping below 30fps)

Chaszmyr
Jul 8, 2004, 08:43 AM
Sorry to disagree with you, but I say its about time. Apple makes themselves look bad by offering products that old, imo.

invaLPsion
Jul 8, 2004, 09:47 AM
I say keep it around with a slightly dropped price and up the processor speed to single and dual 1.42GHz. Also give better video card BTO options.

x86isslow
Jul 8, 2004, 10:38 AM
forget dual 1.42s, they should be offering dual 1.5s with giant L3 caches

pjkelnhofer
Jul 8, 2004, 10:44 AM
I don't think you find many people here crying over the end of the G4. Most people want it out of the entire product line as soon as Apple can do it.