Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Canon Rock

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 22, 2009
Weird, on futureshop/bestbuy canada, the price for the 32 GB was $329 or something but it dropped to 299 which is a good thing. Anyone knows why thing happend?

DrawnToLife

macrumors regular
Aug 17, 2009
Maybe they don't want to be beat by Walmart in terms of price, so they lowered it to avoid having to price match?

SkottDMD

macrumors 6502
Sep 20, 2007
Canada
They also lowered the price of the 64GB from $429.99 to $399.99. They're not sure if it's a sale or not, does little good considering no locations have received anything but the new Nano's, Shuffles and the 8GB iPod Touch though. Future Shop also lowered their prices on the entire iPod Touch line last year shortly after they went on sale, Best Buy didn't until Christmas time.

McCready00

macrumors newbie
Sep 10, 2009
well well well.. it's been 3 days since they should have received the Ipods.

Hope they will have it tomorrow though!

a 30$ off is always something good !

SkottDMD

macrumors 6502
Sep 20, 2007
Canada
I am really hoping they begin stocking the 3G stocks by the 17th, as these coupons would be nice to use.

Exactly, first thing I thought when I got the e-mails about those coupons. Although if they don't get the in tomorrow I guess we're out of luck. I was hoping to use that in combination with the cell phone trade in deal, have a few I don't care to have around.

CSilver

macrumors 6502
Jan 14, 2009
Canada
Good to see apple feeling the pressure :D we will see more competition meaning better deals for the customers between apple and microsoft!

I have been calling Costco in Canadian location couple of times now but they only have the old 32gb ones. I really hope to get mine sometimes next week...if not after October 15th ;)

spazma7ik

macrumors 6502a
Sep 12, 2009
They probably have the iPods in stock in the back, they just want to wait until those coupons expire to put them out on the shelves.

greg555

macrumors 6502a
Mar 24, 2005
Canada
I was thinking of waiting for the new touches to show up in the refurb store, but $30 off already is making me think of pulling the trigger.

Does anyone know how much lower Costco (Canada) normally charges than the Apple price?

Greg

picollus

macrumors member
Jun 3, 2007
Weird, on futureshop/bestbuy canada, the price for the 32 GB was $329 or something but it dropped to 299 which is a good thing. Anyone knows why thing happend?

Ok, i misunderstood you post at first... now i checked in all retailler in canada...

Yes there is a pricematch to the USD price... BUT no of all these shop has the new ipod in stock... so ?

Macfisto

macrumors member
Jul 22, 2009
I am really hoping they begin stocking the 3G Touches by the 17th, as these coupons would be nice to use.

How do we get about getting those emails for the next rounds of coupons? How do we get on this invitation only list?

And I have checked closely last year (after September's refresh) and the prices at BB and FS have dropped shorthly after they came out. Apple was still at 429 (32g), even 1 month agao, while others were at 399$ since november/december. I am thinking they are matching their last year's prices as Apple is doing the same (with increased storage)

AngryPyros

macrumors newbie
Sep 15, 2009
Has anyone actually seen the 32/64GB versions at Future Shop or Best Buy? That have absolutely every other newly announced version in, so it is a bit strange that they seemingly haven't received any new Touches nor do they know when they are coming in.

How do we get about getting those emails for the next rounds of coupons? How do we get on this invitation only list?

Signing up to their newsletter should do the trick, although the coupons really aren't all that exclusive -- anyone can use them.

McCready00

macrumors newbie
Sep 10, 2009
Has anyone actually seen the 32/64GB versions at Future Shop or Best Buy? That have absolutely every other newly announced version in, so it is a bit strange that they seemingly haven't received any new Touches nor do they know when they are coming in.

I called this morning at FutureShop (Montréal) and they said they had received the units..

20 minutes later, the time it took me to drive there, they were not more Itouch on the shelves. The seller also told me there was no more of these in any Futureshop in the city.

SkottDMD

macrumors 6502
Sep 20, 2007
Canada

Signing up to their newsletter should do the trick, although the coupons really aren't all that exclusive -- anyone can use them.

64GB iPod Touch isn't even in Best Buy's system yet (in Canada), they have no idea what's going on. They said there is a chance it may be coming tonight on their shipment but given it's not showing up on their systems they doubt it. They can't even see how many they have in transit, it's just not there.

Citrouille

macrumors newbie
Sep 17, 2009
So anyone got their Touch 3G from Best Buy or Future Shop?? In France they begin to have it available in stores and they are at the other side of the Atlantic, and here, nothing!

yawnyj

macrumors member
Jan 24, 2008
Gig Harbor , Wa
I bought my new Ipod touch 32 GB at Best Buy on Sunday where I am at. Most of the stores had received the new nanos, but only one I called had the new ipod touch.

AngryPyros

macrumors newbie
Sep 15, 2009
I went to Best Buy and Future Shop today -- neither of them had received any shipments of the 32 GB or 64 GB model. They had no idea when they were getting them, and they didn't even have price display tags prepared or anything.

Plenty of new Nanos, Shuffles and Classics, but absolutely no new Touches.

GBNova

macrumors regular
Sep 19, 2009
I looked at the biggest Future Shop stores online in every province and the only province that has any stock is BC if that is any help. No help if you want one of course.

You could buy from the cdn apple store as long as you don't mind paying $30 more for the 32gb unit for example.

greg555

macrumors 6502a
Mar 24, 2005
Canada
I ordered a 32GB touch from the Futureshop web site a couple of days ago. At the time it said the approximate delivery date was Sept. 26 with the free shipping option and Sept. 21 with the air shipping option.

I don't know if they really know when they are getting them or just guessing.

Greg

bembol

macrumors 65816
Jul 29, 2006
AFAIK their prices have always been like this.

Best Buy/Future Shop still haven't gotten any 3G touch in?!? I was told they would get a couple in today. :( This is what I hate about Apple, this delay game. :rolleyes:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.