PDA

View Full Version : Buy a 3G or Wait!?!?

Miko
Sep 15, 2009, 10:01 PM
I have waited since the beginning of June to buy an iPod Touch so I figured i'd buy the new iPod Touch 3G (32GB, with camera) when it was released September 9th. But after the big letdown on the lack of upgrades that the iPod Touch received (including no camera), IDK what to do!

I NEED an iPod Touch, and I want the newest one available. The problem is when I should buy it.

I am a believer that Apple will introduce an iPod Touch with camera sometime at the beginning of 2010.

So I have 3 options:
1. Buy an iPod Touch 3G from Costco, and returning it in 90 days (taking advantage of Costco's 90 day return policy). Then wait for the model w/ camera to be released.
2. Buy an iPod Touch 3G and sell it when there is a new model with camera available.
3. WAIT the full time until Apple releases a model with a camera.

So I have some questions:
If I return an iPod Touch, will I receive a full refund of my $? Even if it is in bad shape?
If I buy an iPod Touch 3G (32GB), keep it in good shape, and lets say about 4 months later I decide to sell, about how much $ could I get for it?

thegoldenmackid
Sep 15, 2009, 10:03 PM
A new iPod touch is likely six months off. I'd just buy one and be happy with it. I really don't think that you will honestly use the camera that much.

picollus
Sep 15, 2009, 10:10 PM
A new iPod touch is likely six months off. I'd just buy one and be happy with it. I really don't think that you will honestly use the camera that much.

+1..

If you wait 6 month and the new ipod is in reality a itabet of 600$ you will be piss off... we already wait enough... soo... let's go Ipod Touch (Fail 2009)... ehh (Fall 2009)

Godzilla71
Sep 15, 2009, 10:19 PM
+2 ;)
I waited like you for keynote announcement. The camera was not a real deal breaker for me. It's faster and cheaper then the 2G so good enough for me for now. (since It'll be my first) I say buy now and enjoy now. :) or wait.... wait some more.... get more frustrated because you waited instead of enjoying the 3G touch you could have picked up. :)

steve knight
Sep 15, 2009, 10:19 PM
wait at least 3 years then it will have everything you want. you can only get the newest for a few months no matter when you buy it. and with apple you never knoqw what the new one will have.

mpb2000
Sep 15, 2009, 10:28 PM
Honestly, I thought about it for a while and finally came to the realization that in a year when I get my next free phone from verizon, it will have a better camera than whatever the touch will have. I usually have my ipod with me, but I always have my phone. Now I just need to convince myself that I really do need to replace my 60 GB 5G ipod with a 64 GB touch even though it still works fine...

McBeats
Sep 16, 2009, 04:27 AM
get the touch, trust me...

if u want a camera one that may come out, sell iton craigs list and get the new one

Dale Sorel
Sep 16, 2009, 04:45 AM
I am a believer that Apple will introduce an iPod Touch with camera sometime at the beginning of 2010.
Not gonna happen :rolleyes:

agkm800
Sep 16, 2009, 05:28 AM
Jobs won't release camera Touch until next spring. Just buy one now and enjoy it.