PDA

View Full Version : Cram & Jam: Apple offers $200 rebate to Education customers ...

MacBytes
Jul 8, 2004, 10:23 AM
Category: Deals and Coupons
Link: Cram & Jam: Apple offers $200 rebate to Education customers who buy a notebook and an iPod. (http://www.macbytes.com/link.php?sid=20040708112348)
Posted on MacBytes.com (http://www.macbytes.com)

Approved by Mudbug

millhouse_man
Jul 8, 2004, 11:54 AM
This is awesome for me, since I'm planning on buying a PowerBook and and iPod in the next couple of weeks.

Hopefully this will attract more students and help set off any losses from the imac delay.

Stella
Jul 8, 2004, 12:29 PM
If apple offered such deals to the majority of the World, maybe Macs would be more popular outside the usa.

But no...

Apple don't care about market share, right?

drizahy4
Jul 8, 2004, 12:33 PM
cough* cough* Extremely loud voice...
Advertise this sale more. Great idea may pick one up since my g4 ibook is going south. But Apple needs to make an ad. Do something. Parents will love this for there kids but unless they go to apple.com then go to education they won't find out. What gives? No way to get new users.

nagromme
Jul 8, 2004, 03:27 PM
Looks like Minis don't qualify. Makes sense--Apple can't make enough of those anyway!

With this deal, you get the student pricing AND the $200. So the 15 GB iPod is just $69.

Great! I'm jealous of education buyers, as usual.

gwangung
Jul 8, 2004, 03:34 PM
cough* cough* Extremely loud voice...
Advertise this sale more. Great idea may pick one up since my g4 ibook is going south. But Apple needs to make an ad. Do something. Parents will love this for there kids but unless they go to apple.com then go to education they won't find out. What gives? No way to get new users.
And get retailers even MORE pissed at Apple? I don't think so....

TomSmithMacEd
Jul 8, 2004, 04:04 PM
Didn't they do this last year? This is a very good deal, I already have an iPod though... Hmm... Maybe I could get a 12" powerbook for 1399, with a 15gb iPod.... keep the 15gb iPod..... Sell my 10gb on ebay.... sell my eMac .... put my iPod/emac money towards the powerbook.... and I get a 12" powerbook for like a couple hundred dollar, plus an external monitor I would need for home. :)

jimthorn
Jul 8, 2004, 05:32 PM
Nice! I've been wanting to step up from my G3 iBook to a 12" Powerbook, and I've been wanting a bigger iPod. Combined with the already good educational discounts, this is a great deal! $200 (ed disc on PB) + $40 (ed disc on iPod) + $200 (cram n jam) = $440 off!

J-Squire
Jul 8, 2004, 08:37 PM
If apple offered such deals to the majority of the World, maybe Macs would be more popular outside the usa.

But no...

Apple don't care about market share, right?

Apple does offer these kind of offers in other parts of the world. But it's often up to the Apple office in that country to initiate. Apple Australia has had a promotion exactly like this each year for the last couple of years around the time that students go back to school.
Apple U.S shouldn't be responsible for coming up with world-wide marketing campaigns (other than introducing new products) that may work in some areas but not in others. The local Apple division has the responsibility of guaging what kind of deals will appeal to the demographics in that area.

themadchemist
Jul 8, 2004, 10:38 PM
And get retailers even MORE pissed at Apple? I don't think so....

does it even matter? it's not like the major retailers are doing that great of a job.

Superhob
Jul 9, 2004, 03:01 PM
:( Dang it! I bought my powerbook on July 1 and I called apple sales to see if I could take advantage of this offer and they said NO! I'm disappointed, plus the fact that I was transferred six times before someone could give me a solid answer. Oh well....