Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

proalbin

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 16, 2009
I have a Windows partition on my mac and before, I could use it normally, I could start the mac in Windows mode. Lately I cannot start my mac in windows, and when I look into the system preferences under the start up disk menu there is no more windows option. Yet the Windows partition is there on the hard drive, I can look into it, but the machine wouldn't boot in Windows. Anybody has an idea about what happened and how it can be cured?

Stridder44

macrumors 68040
Mar 24, 2003
California
I have a Windows partition on my mac and before, I could use it normally, I could start the mac in Windows mode. Lately I cannot start my mac in windows, and when I look into the system preferences under the start up disk menu there is no more windows option. Yet the Windows partition is there on the hard drive, I can look into it, but the machine wouldn't boot in Windows. Anybody has an idea about what happened and how it can be cured?

This has been a bug that existed with Leopard as well. It started happening with Windows 7. Just hold down the Option button when starting up. Hopefully this bug will be fixed soon.

proalbin

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 16, 2009
Thnx for your comment. I have a leopard on my mac and XP rather than Windows 7. I am holding down the option key all the time at restarts and nothing happens.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.