PDA

View Full Version : Plot for a Spy Movie

hotwire132002
Jul 8, 2004, 12:53 PM
Well, I'm starting pre-production on my next feature film. Only one problem...

I'm at a loss for a plot!

I plan to make a spy/secret-agent movie. I'm looking for original ideas for a plot, preferrably with teenagers in the lead roles (mostly because adults have a hard time being directed by a teenager ;) )

Anyone with a good and original idea, post it here! It just might become my next feature!

Dr. Zauis
Jul 8, 2004, 03:03 PM
How 'bout a James Bond spoof. Kinda like an Austin Powers movie and just replace the characters with teens.

P-Worm
Jul 8, 2004, 03:16 PM
I've often thought of doing a spy movie, but I came to the conlclusion that it is too out of reach unless you have access to money. Spy movies are all about the 'wow' factor. Unless you have a lot of money or access to really cool things, I don't think it's going to turn out.

I'm not trying to discourage you, make a movie by all means. But it's my suggestion that you pick something more feasable to do.

P-Worm

hotwire132002
Jul 8, 2004, 07:38 PM
I've often thought of doing a spy movie, but I came to the conlclusion that it is too out of reach unless you have access to money. Spy movies are all about the 'wow' factor. Unless you have a lot of money or access to really cool things, I don't think it's going to turn out.

I'm not trying to discourage you, make a movie by all means. But it's my suggestion that you pick something more feasable to do.

P-Worm

I do agree that spy movies are difficult to do, but I'm up for a challenge. I actually have been debating between a spy movie and a more unique plot. I had a pre-production meeting today, and came up with a plot for a different movie that I may go with. As for what the plot... watch my web site, because I'm not telling yet :p !

I am planning on doing something with effects, because I'd like to try something new... and something that'll really take advantage of my G5 ;)

MongoTheGeek
Jul 8, 2004, 09:23 PM
Take a look at ... crap, can't remember it. 80s Dabny Coleman and the kid from ET.... hmm *checks IMDB* Cloak & Dagger. I wanted to say WarGames.

http://imdb.com/title/tt0087065/

Plot synopsis. 2 kids into computers and RPGs get a hold of secret plane plans that were hidden in a video game cartridge. They start running from real spies and the adults have concerns about the kids's sanity.

Dabny Coleman does double duty as the father and the fictitious secret agent in the RPG.

The basic plot of the kids accidentally getting their hands on the secret data and having to deliver it.

Dr. Dastardly
Jul 8, 2004, 11:51 PM
Why don't you do a book adaptation from "My Teacher is an Alien". That would be pretty cool with all sets already at your disposal. :cool:

hotwire132002
Jul 9, 2004, 03:54 PM
Why don't you do a book adaptation from "My Teacher is an Alien". That would be pretty cool with all sets already at your disposal. :cool:

Well, I actually don't want to do a book adaptation this time. The reason is, my last movie was based on a book, and I find there are too many legal issues. For example, the publishing company of Internet Detectives: Net Bandits will only let me self-distribute the movie. Limitations and legal issues are the reasons I'd like to have an original story.