PDA

View Full Version : .Mac Night in Chicago

MacBytes
Jul 8, 2004, 11:36 PM
Category: Apple Services
Link: .Mac Night in Chicago (http://www.macbytes.com/link.php?sid=20040709003605)
Posted on MacBytes.com (http://www.macbytes.com)

Approved by Mudbug

x86isslow
Jul 9, 2004, 12:49 AM
could this event be the long awaited upgrade of accounts? 100mb is paltry now in face of things like google and spymac.

wdlove
Jul 9, 2004, 11:04 AM
The .Mac T-Shirt would be nice. I wonder if this store will be going on the road and come to an Apple Store near you?

g4cubed
Jul 9, 2004, 12:16 PM
I glad I ran across this. I'll be in Chicago on business next week and will have to go.
I want a tee. :D
And I hope that they will announce an increase on the size like everyone else.
It'll be tuff to renew my account if they don't raise it. :(

ALoLA
Jul 9, 2004, 01:59 PM
I think we something similar here in a L.A. a week or two ago. I didn't get a chance to check it out though. I'm thinking about switching to .mac, after being a longtime AOL user. But my concern involves all of the sites that I've registered with using that email address. Does anyone know if my email remains active after I cancel my AOL? And if it does (and I assume it will remain, since people can sign up for free AIM screen names, right?), is there some kind of forwarding service? It'll take a while to switch everything over, I imagine. :p

g4cubed
Jul 9, 2004, 03:20 PM
I think we something similar here in a L.A. a week or two ago. I didn't get a chance to check it out though. I'm thinking about switching to .mac, after being a longtime AOL user. But my concern involves all of the sites that I've registered with using that email address. Does anyone know if my email remains active after I cancel my AOL? And if it does (and I assume it will remain, since people can sign up for free AIM screen names, right?), is there some kind of forwarding service? It'll take a while to switch everything over, I imagine. :p

Years ago, AOL 4.0, when I quit to go to cable I lost my mail but kept the instant messanger account. And at that time there was no forwarding. I don't know about now, but doubt it. AOL doesn't make anything easy. For 2 months after I quit, they still charge my account. Thankfully my Visa backed me up and disallowed the charge. They told me that was a typical occurance. TimeWarner/AOL blow hard. Thank GOD I'm rid of them :D

sockeatingdryer
Jul 9, 2004, 08:39 PM
Fark Party!!!