Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

= bluntman =

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 15, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
Hi all,

I was wondering if there is a utility or a setting that would automatically disable the USB sound output on my LED Cinema Display. If not, is there anything that would make the Line Out (from my Mac Pro) as default sound output instead of Display Output (LED Cinema Display speakers).

TIA

aramosc

macrumors regular
May 4, 2011
San Diego, CA
Hi all,

I was wondering if there is a utility or a setting that would automatically disable the USB sound output on my LED Cinema Display. If not, is there anything that would make the Line Out (from my Mac Pro) as default sound output instead of Display Output (LED Cinema Display speakers).

TIA

I have the same problem.. anybody know a solution? I already deleted the plist files..

Klaus Buschmann

macrumors newbie
Aug 8, 2011
We, as well, face this situation. We deleted PRAM, plist but on every startup (at least cold start-ups), the default audio output is set to the LED Cinema display instead the Line-Out.

Any further ideas? Thank you. Klaus

aramosc

macrumors regular
May 4, 2011
San Diego, CA
We, as well, face this situation. We deleted PRAM, plist but on every startup (at least cold start-ups), the default audio output is set to the LED Cinema display instead the Line-Out.

Any further ideas? Thank you. Klaus

There's a program that wOrked great for me.. It's called audio switcher

reebzor

macrumors 6502a
Jul 18, 2008
Philadelphia, PA
You guys know you can option+click the sound icon in the menu bar to select the default output, as well as changing it through system prefs right?

Klaus Buschmann

macrumors newbie
Aug 8, 2011
You guys know you can option+click the sound icon in the menu bar to select the default output, as well as changing it through system prefs right?

Yes, i know. And i´ve tried it. But on every restart, the default output resets to the LED Display instead the Line-Out.

We also changed the settings in midi-audio (utilities) with no permanent success.

The tool seems to fix our problem in the meantime. Thanks to aramosc.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.