PDA

View Full Version : iTunes entrants 'disqualified'

MacBytes
Jul 9, 2004, 07:56 AM
Category: News and Press Releases
Link: iTunes entrants \'disqualified\' (http://www.macbytes.com/link.php?sid=20040709085627)
Posted on MacBytes.com (http://www.macbytes.com)

Approved by Mudbug

themadchemist
Jul 9, 2004, 08:29 AM
good idea...maybe I'll try it on a smaller scale. :D

eric_n_dfw
Jul 9, 2004, 11:58 AM
Interesting how the article quotes some of the rules, but fails to quote the rule that specifically addressed the situation:
The use of any automated launching or entry software or any other mechanical or electronic means that permits the entrant to automatically enter repeatedly is prohibited. Mechanically generated entries will be discarded and may result in total and permanent disqualification from the Promotion.

g4cubed
Jul 9, 2004, 12:45 PM
Interesting how the article quotes some of the rules, but fails to quote the rule that specifically addressed the situation:
I was thinking the same thing.
I read the Engadget report. The two guys stated they used "emailed a friend". 3000 friends. :eek: That's 1500 friends apiece. I know a lot of people but not 1500 and to know all their email addresses too :p

gunnmjk
Jul 9, 2004, 02:30 PM
Good thing they got disqualified. That's just plain scandalous.

simX
Jul 9, 2004, 09:32 PM
I was thinking the same thing.
I read the Engadget report. The two guys stated they used "emailed a friend". 3000 friends. :eek: That's 1500 friends apiece. I know a lot of people but not 1500 and to know all their email addresses too :p

Um, there's no need to know 1500 friends. To enter the contest for free, you use the "tell a friend" feature, but use the e-mail address itunes100@apple.com . Using any other address will not enter you into the contest, so knowing 1500 friends would be useless.

dsharits
Jul 9, 2004, 11:03 PM
Hey, simX. I just wanted to say that your icon is really cool.

Daniel

noxes
Jul 10, 2004, 05:05 AM
come on iTMS Canada, i want to download number 100 million.

wdlove
Jul 10, 2004, 12:06 PM
That is very sad, there always are those that try to bend the rules to their benefit. Apple was correct to disqualify them. :(

g4cubed
Jul 10, 2004, 07:55 PM
Um, there's no need to know 1500 friends. To enter the contest for free, you use the "tell a friend" feature, but use the e-mail address itunes100@apple.com . Using any other address will not enter you into the contest, so knowing 1500 friends would be useless.
Okay so that's how it works. Though I haven't been there to see and enter myself, and don't ask me why, I thought you had to enter an email address of a friend and submit it.

themadchemist
Jul 10, 2004, 08:50 PM

not as much interesting as it is incompetent. :rolleyes: