Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Doju

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jun 16, 2008
Which of the two do you prefer? Price does not matter, I just want the best VNC app.

slapguts

macrumors 6502a
Jan 10, 2008
I use Jaadu VNC, and LOVE it. Best app on the app store, in my opinion.

Runs flawlessly on both my Snow Leo MBA, and the Windows7 server machine. I've been out at dinner, and felt like watching a movie when I got home, and started the download from my table.

I've used it on the Mac to do some last minute changes to a graphic design project in Photoshop, and email myself the revised files, while standing in the lobby of the print shop. Saved me hours.

I haven't used LogMeIn, and probably won't due to their annual subscription, which is $70 a year, or $12 a month. Ouch. That info took me almost 10 minutes to find.

Pika

macrumors 68000
Oct 5, 2008
Japan
LogMeIn service is free, only the app cost $5 more then Jaadu...

- With Jaadu you have a nice control remote if you don't have the Apple remote.
- With LogMeIn you can access to any computer and control your computers via any web browser.

- Jaadu only works on WIFI.
- LogMeIn works on WIFI and 3G.

Dan73

macrumors 6502a
Jul 30, 2009

Dunno where you got that from but you can control computers over WiFi 3G or EDGE.

I haven't used mine in a while but I just tried setting it up for my newish MBP and it literally took about 1 minute to setup.

+1 to Jaadu

diddy

macrumors 6502
May 13, 2003
Las Vegas, NV
I compared both, chose LogMeIn, and it's been fantastic for me.

End to end encryption with pretty much zero configuration. Just download the free client on your machines, and connect away.

kate-willbury

macrumors 6502a
Feb 14, 2009
LogMeIn service is free, only the app cost $5 more then Jaadu...

- With Jaadu you have a nice control remote if you don't have the Apple remote.
- With LogMeIn you can access to any computer and control your computers via any web browser.

- LogMeIn works on WIFI and 3G.

completely wrong and useless info.

sfditty

macrumors regular
Nov 21, 2008
I haven't used LogMeIN, but with Jaadu, there is no subscription, and you don't need to set up an account. You use the VNC server of your choice. Jaadu RDP is also awesome if you have a compatable operating system.

Two important things about Jaadu- 1) the tech support is absolutely amazing- this can become important, because it's not unusual to run into problems setting up this kind of thing it you aren't a network admin. and 2) the app is very fast even over 3G, the UI is very well thought out. It's clear that the developer is out to deliver a very high quality product. Ive read in numerous places that it blows away Mocha (another VNC client app that is much cheaper), but I haven't seen a comparison to LogMeIn.

LostLogik

macrumors 6502a
Jul 9, 2008
Can't offer a comparison, but Jaadu is spot on. Easy to setup, nice interface and runs w/o any problems. Not tried it on Windoze but it's great for access to my Mini and MB (running Leopard and Snow Leopard).

rburly

macrumors 6502a
Jan 15, 2009
Florida
Can't offer a comparison, but Jaadu is spot on. Easy to setup, nice interface and runs w/o any problems. Not tried it on Windoze but it's great for access to my Mini and MB (running Leopard and Snow Leopard).

I use it on a pc (Windows Vista) with no problems whatsoever.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.