Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Steve686

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Nov 13, 2007
US>FL>Miami/Dade>Sunny Isles Beach>Condo
Bought some of the sound isolating in-ear headphones at my Apple store a couple weeks after the 3GS was released. LOVE them!

Couple days ago I notice the rubber boot on one of the earbuds where the cord attaches has come loose and will slide down the wire. If the boot isn't secured on the earbud, the wire can bend against the black plastic tube it covers and the wire can get pinched and at worst, cut.

I go to Apple today to exchange them.

The guy helping me asks what the problem is and I tell him. I go to the store at least once a week, so I know the kid is somewhat new there as I have never seen him, day or night, and how he responds to the problem I tell him.

First, he tells me I can't "return" them because it's been over 14 days since I bought them. Yes, I know this, I want to "exchange" them.

Second, he asks me if I want to check out the other headphones that also offer noise isolation. This stumped me as I just wanted to exchange my pair for a new pair because of the defect in my current set.

Finally, I just tell him I want to see a manager so I can this taken care of. I felt kinda like I was running in a circle at this point with the kid.

Well, the manager comes over, sees the issue, and IMMEDIATELY says OK, get him a new pair. There's now warranty window as these headphones were just released this year and have a year warranty. So any time these come back with some issue like mine, the warranty will be in effect.

Long story short, I left very happy with new headphones and really love how Apple handles things in the long run.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.