PDA

View Full Version : Itouch won't turn on

Swag99
Sep 19, 2009, 12:28 PM
Hey guys,
I would like some help on my Itouch problem if anyone has had this problem before. I was on the facebook application when my itouch ran out of battery. No big deal right? Well, now it won't turn back on. When i plug it in to charge, it turns on the apple logo then after a period of about 5 seconds, it shuts off. I have tried resetting it and it cant stay on long enough to connect to my computer/itunes. If anyone has had this problem or heard of a solution could please help me out. Thanks

P.S. When I plug it in to charge, the screen will be bright for 1 second then dim, then eventually turn off (if that helps anyone).

dukebound85
Sep 19, 2009, 12:30 PM
let it charge for a bit

jzuena
Sep 19, 2009, 04:03 PM
I second Duke... let it charge for a while. I had the same thing happen and it was right after a firmware upgrade so I thought I had somehow killed my touch. But I let it charge overnight and it started working again the next day.

Swag99
Sep 20, 2009, 12:07 AM
hmmm, I let it charge all day and tried to turn it on and the same thing happened. I do have the newest firmware that i didnt get that long ago so I wonder if that caused the problem.

jzuena
Sep 20, 2009, 02:49 PM
hmmm, I let it charge all day and tried to turn it on and the same thing happened. I do have the newest firmware that i didnt get that long ago so I wonder if that caused the problem.

Can you reset the touch by holding down the home and power buttons together for 10 seconds?

Swag99
Sep 20, 2009, 05:15 PM
Yeah I have tried resetting it and it actually resets but then it still won't turn back on. This is odd, because i cant seem to find any others with the same problem.

csnplt
Sep 20, 2009, 06:50 PM
Yeah I have tried resetting it and it actually resets but then it still won't turn back on. This is odd, because i cant seem to find any others with the same problem.

Try putting it in DFU mode, then doing a restore. Here's how to do that:

-Turn iPod touch off
-Hold down the home and sleep buttons together for 10 seconds
-Now, release only the sleep button, but keep holding the home button for 10 more seconds
-If your iPod touch is connected to your computer, it should now appear in the iTunes devices list, and you can then restore it. Otherwise plug it in.

DFU mode allows you to restore an iPod touch or iPhone even if the software is broken and you can't boot into the OS. It's very useful for things like this.

If you get the iPod touch into DFU mode, and restore it, but it still doesn't work, then your iPod probably has a hardware problem and you'll need to take it to Apple or buy a new one, if it's out of warranty. It's usually not worth paying to fix an old iPod when you can get a new one for the same price or a little more.

I hope that you can fix it in software, though.

In case you were confused by my instructions, here's another video that describes putting an iPod touch in DFU mode:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rb_ss0bljHY