Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

smogsy

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 8, 2008
Now i haven't played for 5 years & forgot my email address i used. i emailed support.

but got a few questions here

1. If i have to buy WoW again, will it come with time free?
2. The Expansion packs do they give u any extra content that can be used before hitting a certain level? like extra classes?

3. do the expansions have to be bought in order?

thanks hope you can help

SilentPanda

Moderator emeritus
Oct 8, 2002
The Bamboo Forest
If you buy the original Warcraft it would come with a month free.

You do need to buy the expansions in order.

Original, Burning Crusade, then Wrath of the Lich King.

You can buy them all digitally through Warcrafts site now too.

Burning Crusade gives you the most for a new character as it contains two new races. WotLK contains a new class but you can't use it until you reach level 55 anyway.

Plutonius

macrumors G3
Feb 22, 2003
New Hampshire, USA
Now i haven't played for 5 years & forgot my email address i used. i emailed support.

but got a few questions here

1. If i have to buy WoW again, will it come with time free?
2. The Expansion packs do they give u any extra content that can be used before hitting a certain level? like extra classes?

3. do the expansions have to be bought in order?

thanks hope you can help

The expansions do not come with free time.

apfhex

macrumors 68030
Aug 8, 2006
Northern California
Burning Crusade will give you access to two new races w/new starting zones and a new profession. Wrath of the Lich King will give you access to a new class (unlocked if you have a 55+ character) and a new profession.

Milfin

macrumors regular
Jan 26, 2008
If your going to start a new account. I would do recruit a friend.
With the right friends you can power level up a character to 60 in about 3-4 days.

BTW I'll check with some of my friends about recovering accounts. I think there are other ways to get it back.

Huntn

macrumors Core
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
If you have old toons that are worth salvaging, most likely you can resurrect your old account, and if you can they should still be there, but in that case I don't think you'll get free time. It would be just reactivating your account. Support should be able to help you using your real name.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.