Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

justinwebb

macrumors regular
Aug 23, 2009
i purchased this as i am a car enthusiast and love the carbon fiber look. Once i get it i will be doing a review of it

dietcokemac

macrumors member
Sep 4, 2009
Bama
I took the plunge on their Carbon Fiber 3GS case middle of August. Received it in about a week and been very happy with it. It is sweet lookin and I am a case junkie so I had to have it. The locking clip is cool and I really like the soft linear which I haven't found on other hard cases. It really isn't bulky, I think it accents the cases curvature pretty well when installed.

I love carbon fiber (as much of my car is made with it) so this was a big selling point for me. Can't get over the looks :)

I mentioned on anothe rthread but I can do photos maybe if anyone is interested in it.

I have only had it a couple of weeks to hopefully it will continue to hold up really well.

:apple:?

Abyssgh0st

macrumors 68000
Jan 12, 2009
Colorado
Could you post some hi-res photos? I'd be interested in seeing how it compares to the "Stare" Rebel Scholar case for $34.99.

justinwebb

macrumors regular
Aug 23, 2009
Could you post some hi-res photos? I'd be interested in seeing how it compares to the "Stare" Rebel Scholar case for $34.99.

that case you are talking about isnt even real carbon fiber.

The nice part about the carbon fiber case is that if you scratch it just wet sand it down a little and buff and magically its new again. Or if it gets to bad just sand and re-clear and bam a brand new case. I have painted many cars so i figure might as well buy that case from DRO cause it will last a long time.

ecekat

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 19, 2009
I took the plunge on their Carbon Fiber 3GS case middle of August. Received it in about a week and been very happy with it. It is sweet lookin and I am a case junkie so I had to have it. The locking clip is cool and I really like the soft linear which I haven't found on other hard cases. It really isn't bulky, I think it accents the cases curvature pretty well when installed.

I love carbon fiber (as much of my car is made with it) so this was a big selling point for me. Can't get over the looks :)

I mentioned on anothe rthread but I can do photos maybe if anyone is interested in it.

I have only had it a couple of weeks to hopefully it will continue to hold up really well.

:apple:?
can you post some pictures please????

lavinci

macrumors 6502
Jun 19, 2009
that case you are talking about isnt even real carbon fiber.

The nice part about the carbon fiber case is that if you scratch it just wet sand it down a little and buff and magically its new again. Or if it gets to bad just sand and re-clear and bam a brand new case. I have painted many cars so i figure might as well buy that case from DRO cause it will last a long time.

Well I am confused at your last sentence since it mentions painting cars and the DRO case. What do those two have in common?

javanutsy

macrumors newbie
Sep 3, 2009
I think that is a great looking case. Would love to see more pictures of it. Considering it is hand-made out of real carbon fiber and with a soft liner, the price doesn't seem too bad... I'm a little tempted.

FoldingCat

macrumors newbie
Feb 11, 2009
I bought one of the dro concepts iPhone 3G carbon fiber cases back in February and have had a wonderful experience with it. It was recommended to me by a colleague who had one as well. The finish and quality of the case has stayed beautiful and I still have it on my phone today. The "open top" would be the only gripe I have. I constantly keep my iPhone 3G in my pocket and with the big opening slot on the top and side will occasionally accumulate lint.

I didn't know they had developed a new version, but in my opinion, it looks to be an upgrade over their last "open top" design. I am going to consider updating to the new "locking slider" carbon case as I think it is a greatly superior design.

I also would like to see your pictures when you have a chance. :D

dietcokemac

macrumors member
Sep 4, 2009
Bama
been away, back now.

Here are those pictures I promised. The finish has held up really well. Sorry for all the finger prints in the pictures. I haven't cleaned my iPhone in a while :D

I still get tons of compliments on the case. I actually bought one for my boss also.

Enjoy.

Attachments

• PA030048.JPG
    PA030048.JPG
    347.9 KB · Views: 102
  • PA030051.JPG
    PA030051.JPG
    369.5 KB · Views: 104
  • PA030053.JPG
    PA030053.JPG
    335 KB · Views: 89
  • PA030049.JPG
    PA030049.JPG
    349.8 KB · Views: 89

BigBearAZ

macrumors newbie
Sep 21, 2005
phx, az
Ok, wow! I think it looks awesome. A tad bit flashy but still classy looking. I am very tempted. Thanks for posting the pics.
Does the clearcoat finish scratch easily?

PowerBookRelic

macrumors 6502
Mar 7, 2008
been away, back now.

Here are those pictures I promised. The finish has held up really well. Sorry for all the finger prints in the pictures. I haven't cleaned my iPhone in a while :D

I still get tons of compliments on the case. I actually bought one for my boss also.

Enjoy.

It looks like the case is substantially covering your camera, is that true?
Also - does the clear on the carbon fiber accumulate fingerprints easy - I hate that. Other wise I think it looks beautiful. I have an Agent 18 case, and it is the WORST, it scratched my phone so badily :( So I am looking for a new one.

wase4711

macrumors regular
Jan 30, 2009
no offense, but that thing is butt ugly..looks like something from 20 years ago..
Just my opinion..

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.