PDA

View Full Version : Dual displays, mirror or Playback Monitor?

Soire
Jul 9, 2004, 01:36 PM
Ok so after going through the junked computer pile at work, I found a flatscreen 17" Apple CRT w/ADC. I think it will go nicely with my 20" Aluminum I ordered.

Anyways, is there a way to use the second monitor as a playback monitor in Final Cut? I don't want to split the desktop across the two screens, and I probably don't want to mirror it. So can the second display be used only as a playback monitor?

wrldwzrd89
Jul 9, 2004, 01:38 PM
Ok so after going through the junked computer pile at work, I found a flatscreen 17" Apple CRT w/ADC. I think it will go nicely with my 20" Aluminum I ordered.

Anyways, is there a way to use the second monitor as a playback monitor in Final Cut? I don't want to split the desktop across the two screens, and I probably don't want to mirror it. So can the second display be used only as a playback monitor?
What do you mean by playback monitor? I would think that, in split mode, FCP could play the content on one monitor and display the interface on the other one - I don't use FCP, so I can't confirm this.

FuzzyBallz
Jul 9, 2004, 02:13 PM
Yes, you can use the 2nd monitor as the playback monitor. The only thing that will replicate from the primary monitor to the 2ndary is the back ground picture.

7on
Jul 9, 2004, 05:36 PM
I'd just do a span and then enlarge the moniter to the size of the second display. Though if you're reviewing video for TV playback, a TV monitor is always the best solution (through FW cam to TV).