PDA

View Full Version : auCDtect for mac ???

umbilical
Sep 21, 2009, 09:57 PM
anybody know auCDtect, is a small app for windows, do this:

auCDtect - is a program for determining the authenticity of musical CD records, using the character of the audio information it contains, and predict its possible source is it an original studio record or a
reconstruction from a lossy encoded data (for example, MP3). http://true-audio.com/AuCDtect_version_0.8_release_3

any app for mac that do that??? or how check the authenticity of apple lossless files on mac?

ChrisA
Sep 22, 2009, 12:48 PM
anybody know auCDtect, is a small app for windows, do this:

[I]auCDtect - is a program for determining the authenticity of musical CD records, ....\

Get XLD.

XLD can calculate an AccurateRip hash and compare a file with the on-line AccurateRip database. I can't think of a better way to check if a rip is 100% correct.

I've also noticed that XLD running on Snow Leopard is way faster when encoding to apple lossless. Maybe 3X faster on my system. It's using the Apple supplied encoder

umbilical
Sep 22, 2009, 11:11 PM
\

Get XLD.

XLD can calculate an AccurateRip hash and compare a file with the on-line AccurateRip database. I can't think of a better way to check if a rip is 100% correct.

I've also noticed that XLD running on Snow Leopard is way faster when encoding to apple lossless. Maybe 3X faster on my system. It's using the Apple supplied encoder

I know about XLD accurrate rip when I rip the CD, but! I mean by example I have some flacs of a very rare hard to find albums that I download from I blog, I want know if really are from original CDs using a mac app, like a the windows app ;)