PDA

View Full Version : iPod touch 3G [Questions]

PumaNO
Sep 22, 2009, 10:48 AM
Hello all, im new so be nice (: I got some questions regarding the new ipod touch 3G.

Please answer them all (:

-Possible to use Skype on ipod touch 3G AND! use the microphone in the headset to speak in? :)
-Can i use the bluetooth (if there is any) in the touch to connect to my ex. computer? Or is it only for touch-to-touch transfer/gaming?
-Chances of apple enabling FM radio later by firmware?

-Worth getting it now? Or wait till 4G (probably a year, and with camera)

Its tempting to get it now, because i want a touch, i dont own any atm. I will prolly use it as a mini computer, music player, internet browser thing..
But i want the camera bad too, since i take 'fast' pictures alot and post them on ex. facebook.

Thanks alot for answers! :apple::apple:

Extra question
Whats the difference between ipod touch 2G and 3G 8GB? :/

Saberon
Sep 22, 2009, 11:19 AM
The only difference between 2G and 3G 8GB is the price, they are IDENTICAL otherwise

Plutonius
Sep 22, 2009, 11:30 AM
No guarantee that the next version will have a camera. If you believe that a camera wasn't included because of production problems, there is a good chance it will get a camera. If you believe that the camera was designed out of the touch when Steve Jobs returned, it's very doubtful that it will be getting a camera.

Depending on how much you want an iPod touch, you could always buy the 32G and resell it at a later point.

PumaNO
Sep 22, 2009, 11:51 AM
Im not a big fan of reselling :p

I want a touch a bit badly, i dont know why. I just want you know, a toy gadget. Plus its nice, it can be used many ways. Internet, mail, mp3, game machine..

but the big thing is camera for me really. I was like many others hoping for a camera :/

If its a camera in the future, it will probably only be a VGA with no stills like on the nano right? Cause of the touchs size?

Anyone, please answer these:
-Possible to use Skype on ipod touch 3G AND! use the microphone in the headset to speak in?
-Can i use the bluetooth (if there is any) in the touch to connect to my ex. computer? Or is it only for touch-to-touch transfer/gaming?

And more opinions on "-Worth getting it now? Or wait till 4G (probably a year, and with camera)" would be good! :D

HUGE NOTE!
NORWEGIAN PRICES ON TOUCH:
290$ FOR 8GB
425$ FOR 32GB

Take this into consideration when leaving your opinion please :D

pilotrtc
Sep 22, 2009, 02:32 PM
-Possible to use Skype on ipod touch 3G AND! use the microphone in the headset to speak in? :)

-Worth getting it now? Or wait till 4G (probably a year, and with camera)

Extra question
Whats the difference between ipod touch 2G and 3G 8GB? :/

From what I understand:

#1: Yes
#2: No, only to connect headphones
#3: pure speculation
#4: IMHO, yes because you will have a full year of joy despite no camera.
#5: Nothing really

PumaNO
Sep 22, 2009, 03:03 PM
I heard there a application or something that could use ur bluetooth for file transfering? :/

Is the hope there? For file transfering/connecting to computers? Or is it not possible at all? :apple:

EDIT: I just noticed, theres alot of problems with 3G touchs :| Like bad quality screens, firmware things, itunes things. Is it worth to get the touch? It sounds like its not a finished product, and it got alot of bugs :/

pilotrtc
Sep 22, 2009, 03:44 PM
I heard there a application or something that could use ur bluetooth for file transfering? :/
:/

You may be correct. I haven't updated to 3.0 yet so I don't know for sure. I think a search on iTunes for "bluetooth" may help you out.

PumaNO
Sep 22, 2009, 05:32 PM
I belive iBluetooth did something like i said :p i dont know if it works since i dont have any touch/iphone.

Anyway, i need some opinions on this.
The prices.

NORWEGIAN PRICES ON TOUCH:
290$ FOR 8GB
425$ FOR 32GB

Which one should i get?
-Ive never filled 1GB with music before. (Computer crashes often so i reinstall and lose my music before ive transfered over to my mp3)
-Movies are ok, i got many that i would love to watch :p
-Games are awesome! :)
-I heard firmware uses 1,6GB or so.
-Also heard you shouldnt fill the whole memory up, or else it will slow down the touch.

WHICH? Theres a huge difference between the 8GB and 32GB, whatever from hardware, price and space :( I CANT DECIDE. HELP. xD

DrawnToLife
Sep 22, 2009, 05:53 PM
Get the 32 GB.
1. More space, you won't fill it up as fast.
2. Next Generation. Updated inside.
3. More space = more content, less conservation.

PumaNO
Sep 22, 2009, 07:26 PM
Another question :p sorry if i ask alot, but i want to be sure :)
Lets say i get a champions league live results app on my touch, and im not in a wifi spot or anything. How do i connect to the internet?
I basically cant? :| ...

More opinions on wether 8gb or 32gb are welcome :)

BTW i heard theres some problems with the battery on iPHONE after the firmware update. Is this case also for the touch 3G with the newest firmware? :/

Ace134blue
Sep 22, 2009, 07:42 PM
Another question :p sorry if i ask alot, but i want to be sure :)
Lets say i get a champions league live results app on my touch, and im not in a wifi spot or anything. How do i connect to the internet?

More opinions on wether 8gb or 32gb are welcome :)

BTW i heard theres some problems with the battery on iPHONE after the firmware update. Is this case also for the touch 3G with the newest firmware? :/

Get 32gb, 50% faster and it will last you much longer. The firmware 3.1 affects only the iphone 3gs, Not ipod touches

PumaNO
Sep 22, 2009, 07:46 PM
Thanks for answering my questions! :)

I got another :p They say touch 3G does not have FM radio enabled on the broadcom chip. But i see free apps in the appstore that is about radio channels and they say it works for the touch. How come?

&

(Kinda obvious but ive never owned an ipod before) :p

Ace134blue
Sep 22, 2009, 07:51 PM
Thanks for answering my questions! :)

I got another :p They say touch 3G does not have FM radio enabled on the broadcom chip. But i see free apps in the appstore that is about radio channels and they say it works for the touch. How come?

&

(Kinda obvious but ive never owned an ipod before) :p

You can not get on the internet without wifi, and all those radio apps require wifi unless your on an iphone

PumaNO
Sep 23, 2009, 03:30 AM
The final question is wether to buy the touch now or wait till december/january/feb.

Its just rumours but apple might have delayed the camera due technical problems. But why would apple launch a new ipod with camera just few months after the release of the current 3G.
That would just be a rip off for those who has bought theirs already.
Just look at this http://www.gadgetreviews.org/ipod-touch-with-built-in-video-recorder-not-for-sale-at-dabs/

Hw do u see the difference between the old 2G 32GB and the new 3G 32GB? Any differences outside on the touch? I dont want any shops nearby to sell me some stuff that is outdated but claim it is a 3G

elpmas
Sep 23, 2009, 10:34 AM
I thought the difference between the 2nd gen & 3rd gen 32gb was the upgrade of the processor?

PumaNO
Sep 23, 2009, 11:37 AM
Yes it is, but i mean how do u SEE the difference on the device :p visually also o_o