PDA

View Full Version : Apple TV on sale

SOT DOC
Sep 22, 2009, 12:49 PM
I see that Amazon has the 160GB on sale for $199. Is this to get rid of there stock before a refresh?

thegoldenmackid
Sep 22, 2009, 12:49 PM
No. They just "updated" or dropped a model.

Oddly Amazon has sales randomly.

McGiord
Sep 22, 2009, 12:53 PM
I don't see that offer.
These are the prices I get:
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_0_6?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=apple+tv&x=0&y=0&sprefix=apple+

it might be the price from one of the "amazon" merchants and they love you with the sales price and the compensate with the shipping charges, so be aware of the whole picture before buying anything.

I wish :apple: updates at least the software soon.

SOT DOC
Sep 22, 2009, 12:58 PM
It was showing at 199 this morning. Not now that I look at it again it is back to 229. It was through amazon as it was prime eligible.

jaw04005
Sep 22, 2009, 01:00 PM
The Apple Store has the 40GB model in the refurbished section for $149. Although with Apple there’s a good chance they’re just clearance items and not refurbished.

Amazon lists the 160GB model at $229 for me and the 40GB at $224.

jbrenn
Sep 22, 2009, 01:05 PM
I see that Amazon has the 160GB on sale for $199. Is this to get rid of there stock before a refresh?

I saw that price yesterday. Amazon changes prices at random intervals. I purchased an macbook pro 17 for $1849 it was 2 generations old then the next day the price from amazon was $750 more.

PcBgone
Sep 22, 2009, 01:52 PM
I ordered the 199 160gb ATV from Amazon last friday night. I got an email saying it wouldnt be delivered until around October 20th. I was fine with that as I am in no hurry to save a buck....Yesterday, I got another email stating it would be delivered between October 10th-October 15th.

I will be ticked though if Apple Refreshes it after I purchase it. It hasnt been charged obviously so there is some time to cancel if they do get it refreshed. However I couldnt pass up the 199 price, along with free shipping, and no tax.

KevinC867
Sep 22, 2009, 02:00 PM
I ordered the 199 160gb ATV from Amazon last friday night. I got an email saying it wouldnt be delivered until around October 20th. I was fine with that as I am in no hurry to save a buck....Yesterday, I got another email stating it would be delivered between October 10th-October 15th.

I will be ticked though if Apple Refreshes it after I purchase it. It hasnt been charged obviously so there is some time to cancel if they do get it refreshed. However I couldnt pass up the 199 price, along with free shipping, and no tax.

If Apple announces a refresh before you receive and open your unit, it's easy to return it to Amazon. That happened to me when I bought my MacBook Pro. I wasn't watching MacRumors at the time, so I didn't know that a refresh was imminent.

PcBgone
Sep 22, 2009, 02:08 PM
If Apple announces a refresh before you receive and open your unit, it's easy to return it to Amazon. That happened to me when I bought my MacBook Pro. I wasn't watching MacRumors at the time, so I didn't know that a refresh was imminent.

Ive dealt with amazon previously...they are pretty easy. I just wanted to get one in case they discontinued it. Im sure the price would probably go up and supplies dwindle if that happens..

tbayrgs
Sep 22, 2009, 04:22 PM

Wow, glad I ordered mine on Thursday--ETA was initially October 7-12 but I also got an email from Amazon stating they will be shipping earlier than expected (this Friday) with estimated delivery Oct 1-5.

PcBgone
Sep 22, 2009, 07:22 PM
Wow, glad I ordered mine on Thursday--ETA was initially October 7-12 but I also got an email from Amazon stating they will be shipping earlier than expected (this Friday) with estimated delivery Oct 1-5.

Heh, I saw the ad originally start last Wednesday, and it said ships within 24 hrs. I held off...thinking Apple might announce something. But then it finally overwhelmed me friday, so I bit the bullet and ordered. Im kinda kicking myself for waiting that two days now....