Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kAoTiX

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 14, 2008
Midlands, UK
I just setup Google Sync on my iPhone following the tutorial by Google.
I sent myself an e-mail from another account and it did push it to my phone, perfect. However, I don't get any e-mails pushed to my iPhone if it is in standby.

Is this normal? Seems some what useless if it is as I would have to physically check my phone every 5 seconds to benefit from my mail being pushed to me.

I've never had my iPhone fetch my mail for me or anything I've always done it manually so I don't even know if it's the same for fetch as well.

sfditty

macrumors regular
Nov 21, 2008
It's pushing for me in standby, just a quickly as MobileMe (you could hold your breath vetween when it's sent and when it arrives on the iPhone).

mechie8682

macrumors newbie
Sep 3, 2009
It should continue to push regardless

As mentioned by someone else, it should continue to push email to your iphone regardless of whether the phone is in sleep or awake mode.

The same applies to fetch. The iphone goes out and fetches email if asked to do so even while in the sleep mode.

Hope it works out for you.

kAoTiX

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 14, 2008
Midlands, UK
Still isn't working. I subscribed to this thread when I posted to get notifications of replies. I haven't had a single e-mail come through on my phone since it's been in my pocket and I just came on my pc and found an e-mail sat in my inbox to let me know about the above reply.

My phone still doesn't show anything.
I have full 3G signal here so it's not a network issue.

question fear

macrumors 68020
Apr 10, 2003
The "Garden" state
Still isn't working. I subscribed to this thread when I posted to get notifications of replies. I haven't had a single e-mail come through on my phone since it's been in my pocket and I just came on my pc and found an e-mail sat in my inbox to let me know about the above reply.

My phone still doesn't show anything.
I have full 3G signal here so it's not a network issue.

If it helps, google sync has been flaking in and out all day for me. I finally turned it off in activesync on my phone and reset it for imap. I think they didn't expect the level of demand and it's taxing their servers.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.