PDA

View Full Version : Getting my iPod Touch back.

alm99
Sep 23, 2009, 01:25 PM
In anticipation of the 3rd generation Touch with a camera I ended up giving my wife my 1st generation 32gb Touch. Well, as we all know the camera version never appeared and I want my 32gb Touch back, but she has fallen in love with it and refuses to give it back. I have been using my 4gb nano for music and podcasts at work and thought I could wait it out until the camera version of the Touch arrives. Every day that goes by I miss the touch and its abilities for games, podcast scrubbing, deleting on the fly, my entire music library, etc…

So the question is should I buy the refurbished 8gb 2nd generation iPod touch for my wife or wait for the Touch w/camera? She only uses the touch for her email,web and some music in the car. No games and no apps.

ZachsMacDaddy
Sep 23, 2009, 01:30 PM
You got yourself in a pickle there jumping the gun like that.

If she does not use much of that 32GB you could buy her a new/refurb 2nd gen 8 or 16gb Touch and get back that 32GB model.

Otherwise you're getting the new unit and she's keeping the old one.

Try forcing it and see how much fun life is around the house for a while. Suck it up and keep her happy. The alternative really really sucks.

alm99
Sep 23, 2009, 01:33 PM
You got yourself in a pickle there jumping the gun like that.

If she does not use much of that 32GB you could buy her a new/refurb 2nd gen 8 or 16gb Touch and get back that 32GB model.

Otherwise you're getting the new unit and she's keeping the old one.

Try forcing it and see how much fun life is around the house for a while. Suck it up and keep her happy. The alternative really really sucks.

That is exactly my concern. Maybe I can position that the 2nd generation has speakers and external volume control.

ucfgrad93
Sep 23, 2009, 01:37 PM
There is no telling how long it will be until Apple puts a camera in the iPod touch. They may never put one in. Like the previous poster said, either get her one or yourself one.

rgarjr
Sep 23, 2009, 01:37 PM
What, are you willing to wait another year for a camera? Let the wify keep her Touch and go on a get another.

elpmas
Sep 23, 2009, 03:27 PM
haha, get a new one man. UPGRADE a lil bit :P
just get one for now...you might end up wanting a "tablet" soon anyways ^_^