Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iShater

macrumors 604
Aug 13, 2002
Chicagoland
They ban cell phones that can take photos/vids too, so this was inevitable.

How the heck do we work out now? :eek:

Edit: sounds like using them is still ok. :p

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
Banning cameras in locker rooms? How about just learn to respect the locker room? I hate people who don't care about privacy yet bitch when theirs is taken away.

TheAnswer

macrumors 68030
Jan 25, 2002
Orange County, CA
Banning cameras in locker rooms? How about just learn to respect the locker room? I hate people who don't care about privacy yet bitch when theirs is taken away.

I completely agree with you...so I'll try to ignore the fact that your current avatar is a picture of a cat cleaning/self-pleasuring itself.

SactoGuy18

macrumors 601
Sep 11, 2006
Sacramento, CA USA
I think Apple MIGHT consider selling a 5G nano sans camera since such devices are banned in so many places. This is especially true for the international market.

jecapaga

macrumors 601
Jul 1, 2007
Southern California
You're be surprised how many places BAN any type of video recording device. I wouldn't be surprised that the 5G nano will be banned at most live performance venues.

Not sure how that works out with the current policies where I can get a video recording and camera device with a 20x optical zoom into shows. With no problem.

notjustjay

macrumors 603
Sep 19, 2003
Canada, eh?
Makes a good case for why there's still a market for phones without cameras...

There are many places where camera phones -- any kind of cameras -- are strictly prohibited. Defense contractors, military installations. Enforcement varies from warnings to outright dismissal.

ftaok

macrumors 603
Jan 23, 2002
East Coast
I completely agree with you...so I'll try to ignore the fact that your current avatar is a picture of a cat cleaning/self-pleasuring itself.

What?!?!?!?! The monitor on this laptop is so crappy that I thought the avatar was some sort of violin. Ha ha ha.

As for the article, what do people at this gym do with their cell phones. Do they leave them at the desk before they go into the locker room? Just about every cell phone has a camera on it now.

NC MacGuy

macrumors 603
Feb 9, 2005
The good side of the grass.
It can't really be enforced but like a lot of rules, it's stated just in case something happens their ass is covered legally by stating it's against our policy and printed rules.

Sue the perv. and not us.

Melrose

Suspended
Dec 12, 2007
Sofia was trying to take pictures...again...

:D

Seriously, I really wonder why they haven't had some regulation in place already. I mean, it's easy to say "Just respect others" but there will always be weirdos (surprisingly more than we realize...) who are going to do stuff like that anyway.

Either police the misuse of cameras/iPod Nanos in locker rooms, or ban them.

iShater said:
How the heck do we work out now? :eek:
You work out in the locker room? :confused: I can picture a whole bunch of naked guys showering (not really, but you know what I mean), and there in the midst of it all is some dude doing pushups... :D

whooleytoo Cats have no sense of privacy. You're obviously not a cat person. ;)

jaw04005

macrumors 601
Aug 19, 2003
AR
Why would you need your iPod nano in the locker room? A little common courtesy would go a long way.

If your gym is inspecting your iPod, you should probably find a new gym anyway.

ftaok

macrumors 603
Jan 23, 2002
East Coast
Why would you need your iPod nano in the locker room? A little common courtesy would go a long way.

If your gym is inspecting your iPod, you should probably find a new gym anyway.

You probably don't need your iPod in the locker room, but where would you put it while you're in the locker room.

I suspect that if you keep it out of sight, it wouldn't be a problem. Take it out of your bag and put it in your pocket as you're getting dressed ... I don't think anyone would have an issue with that.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.