Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ZipZap

macrumors 603
Dec 14, 2007
How many of your Jailbroken supporters are actually on 3.1?

Why not hold your offer until there is a JB for 3.1?

And why did you make this app dependent on 3.1 anyways?

Pika

macrumors 68000
Oct 5, 2008
Japan
- If your app is officially licensed by Apple for $2, Why are you continuing to support a pirate community (jail-breakers) that Apple is strictly against?

- What if Apple find out that you are supporting the jail-breaking community? Aren't you afraid that they are going to pull-out your app out of the AppStore? Just like they did with the C64 app.

- Do you want to get paid for your hard work or are you willing to give your app for free. If so... then why $2 instead of FREE ???

dZp

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 29, 2006
For the record, I'm in no way affiliated with the development of Snapture. I'm just a satisfied customer passing on the info I got from them.

And as far as I know, 3.1 opens up new APIs for developers, some of which are required for Snapture and other apps. I'm amazed that so many iPhone users think there's some sort of conspiracy against them!

Wow, so much anger amongst some of you. Don't shoot the messenger.
Get a grip!

polobreaka

macrumors 6502a
Aug 10, 2009
Huntington Beach, CA
jailbreaking is no where near illegal and is far from pirating.

you guys really do need to get a grip.

if jailbreaking is pirating/illegal, you think MR will have a iphone section called iphone HACKS?

dZp

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 29, 2006
Apple certainly isn't benefiting from these free upgrades to Snapture.
You (and others) might want to actually read the link I provided before throwing unfounded assumptions around.

Geesh. The dev is offering an upgrade to existing customers. I'm happy. What's it to you if you're not already a customer. All comments (jailbreak? Illegal?) so far have nothing to do with this offer. Sounds like sour grapes to me. I'll know not to pass on info in the future.

The General

macrumors 601
Jul 7, 2006
- If your app is officially licensed by Apple for $2, Why are you continuing to support a pirate community (jail-breakers) that Apple is strictly against?

The application is not licensed by Apple. It's for sale in the AppStore now instead of through various jailbreaking package managers. They are in no way supporting the jailbreaking community with this move. They are moving from the hacking scene into the "legit" AppStore scene.

- What if Apple find out that you are supporting the jail-breaking community? Aren't you afraid that they are going to pull-out your app out of the AppStore? Just like they did with the C64 app.

Again, not supporting the jailbreaking scene. They are moving to the AppStore. Why would Apple be angry about this?

- Do you want to get paid for your hard work or are you willing to give your app for free. If so... then why $2 instead of FREE ???

They are offering people who bought their app before it was in the AppStore a refund so that those people may go and get the application from the AppStore. That way they don't have to buy it twice. The reason jailbreakers who bought it would want this is because now the Snapture developers will be releasing the updates through the AppStore.

bruinsrme

macrumors 604
Oct 26, 2008

What in God's name are you talking about....
If you bought it on Cydia it's free!!!! I bought it way back when.
I tried to purchase Snapture today and the prompt stated I had already purchased it. apparently they ported over their data base to support itunes.

Pika with your finite wisdom tell me again how this is stealing or pirating again.
I have only pirated 2 apps and they are both yours..... not really they didn't interest me at all.

bruinsrme

macrumors 604
Oct 26, 2008
How many of your Jailbroken supporters are actually on 3.1?

Why not hold your offer until there is a JB for 3.1?

And why did you make this app dependent on 3.1 anyways?

Itunes had it associated with my account prior to upgrading my 3G to 3.1.

Snapture did the same thing back in fw2 they didn't support 2.0 but supported 2.1

someonesson

macrumors newbie
Sep 21, 2009
3g in champaign IL

i was at clark lindsey village and i was able to get 3g. has anyone else got this ?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.