Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Soundburst

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 4, 2006
My phone occasionally decides to not wake up when I press sleep wake.

Right now. . the screen just stays black.

I phoned my phoned and it rings (in my ear) but my phone doesn't actually ring out loud, so my iPhone is actually on. . .but it thinks it's asleep and doesn't even ring.

Is there a hard forced reset, as I can't reset it normally as the screen is off.

Thanks alot.

BigHungry04

macrumors 6502
Mar 14, 2008
Kentucky
Mine does that a lot too. Just hold the home button and the power button for a few seconds and let go and it should pop back up with the apple on the screen. I'd get my phone replaced if the apple store was closer than 70 miles. I just hate having to drive 70 miles every time I have a problem with my phone.

powaking

macrumors 6502
Jul 3, 2008
This happened to me as well. I use my iPhone as my alarm and one morning it never went off. I did as you had stated and sure enough it booted up as if it were turned off. I'm on 3.1.

Soundburst

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 4, 2006
I have never dropped it either. . .I'd take it back to Apple but I'm out of warranty by 3 months so they'd probably take the piss with their price of fixing it :):D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.