Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

trihard

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 5, 2008
Can anyone please help with some tips to do better at HR battle 3D? I see a lot of rookies with fancy bats, clothes, etc., which means they obviously have won a lot of gold balls and I cannot seem to do so. Are there any tricks to hitting more consistent home runs? My best score is 6500, and I know that is lame. I also know that the more stuff you have, it adds power and contact points, and thus the more home runs you will hit and thus the more gold balls you will get and so on and so on. Thanks in advance.

iCAR

macrumors member
Sep 3, 2007
california
Go to classic mode and hit at least 50 homeruns and you will get plenty of gold balls. Also, play in ARCADE mode and bang out a high score. Thats how I got most of my gold balls. The other half I got them playing in matchup.

LSUtigers03

macrumors 68020
Apr 9, 2008
Can anyone please help with some tips to do better at HR battle 3D? I see a lot of rookies with fancy bats, clothes, etc., which means they obviously have won a lot of gold balls and I cannot seem to do so. Are there any tricks to hitting more consistent home runs? My best score is 6500, and I know that is lame. I also know that the more stuff you have, it adds power and contact points, and thus the more home runs you will hit and thus the more gold balls you will get and so on and so on. Thanks in advance.

Go look at the achievements and complete those. That's the fastest way I built up gold balls.

jrakai

macrumors newbie
Oct 18, 2008
Well guys, I've noticed something quite annoying yet interesting at the same time. During online play, I've noticed some players not starting up when I'm crackin' out homers, but when I do their power level bar increases. Occasionally they'll swing, but more points are scored when I swing.

What's up with that? It leads me to believe there is a hack or steps necessary maybe during game play that would allow this to occur. Personally I enjoy playing and earning points the expected way; but if there's something that's been determined, please share.

firstapple

macrumors 6502a
Sep 25, 2007
I think that is just a lag in the connection... I have never had a problem where my points got incorrectly scored to an opponent. And I have quite enough match-ups behind me to speak for this I would believe.

RobT

macrumors 6502a
Dec 20, 2007
Ohio, USA
I had a similar experience. I started off never being able to hit anything, then hit some, now I'm doing fairly well.

My point is that if you just keep practicing and playing you will find over time that you get better and betteer and start winning (and getting gold balls to obtain merchandise).

vin27

macrumors newbie
Nov 15, 2009
hr battle limitations

It appears once u have bought a uniform package the gold ball become irrelevent. Because every other item that you can get w a gold ball will either reduce ur power or contact. NO combinations of items increases them both and in a way u r in a stand still. They will either increase one and reduce the other. And i've looked at all the items.

Is their any way to achieve 100 on power/contact?

admanimal

macrumors 68040
Apr 22, 2005
I bought the ninja package and it helped increase my scores a lot, and there are still a few (expensive) packages that would increase my power/contact significantly. Most of the individual items are useless now though.

omaroserna

macrumors newbie
Jun 15, 2009
Here are some tips that'll sure to help. Most of this stuff is beneficial for Matchups.

01. Make sure you go through all the missions. This is the quickest way to get a bunch of gold balls early.

02. Play "Matchup" a lot. You tend to get more gold balls by playing against another player online. I'm up to about 30,000 gold balls and a majority of it is by playing matchup.

03. Get all types of gear. I know they recently released package uniforms, but that's not necessary to be good at the game. Try to find out what style works for you, power, control or balanced. IMO, there are pro's and con's for each. i.e. too much power makes the homerun travel too long, hence wastes too much time, but not enough power might make you too short on crashes. Plus it's not worth it if the shot isn't a monster shot.

04. Crashing and consecutive HRs are more effective. The best way to accumulate points is to master crashing, i.e. hitting scoreboard, billboard and lights. I know cycling is also an effective way to get more points and fast, but the downside of cycling is that it takes too long in-between bats because the batter has to call his shot.

05. Play people with a higher rank than you. If you're at the stage where you want to work your way up the ranking list, try to play those with higher ranks. For one, you don't risk losing as much win points, compared to playing someone who's way lower. I'm currently in the 200's in rank, so I try to only play people under 5000. Winning 5pts isn't worth losing 15pts just because I lost to a player ranked in the 10,000's.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.