PDA

View Full Version : emac

Anarchy99
Jul 11, 2004, 08:52 PM
around christmas i was planning on getting an emac but the emac as of now cant use core image well my computer budget is tight the last computer i bought was a imac special dv edition and it was good then well my thoughts are if as of now it cant use that whats next
i want to use this for about the same amount of years my last comp did so is there any chance they could update the emacs by then or better bring the imac to its price range by then?

dswoodley
Jul 11, 2004, 10:05 PM
Of course there is always a chance they will update the eMac in some way - the question is will Apple update the graphic card which is the crucial component for core image. Given how Apple has dragged their ass on the emac and the graphic hardware, i wouldnt hold my breath - still there is a little hope...

varmit
Jul 11, 2004, 10:07 PM
around christmas i was planning on getting an emac but the emac as of now cant use core image well my computer budget is tight the last computer i bought was a imac special dv edition and it was good then well my thoughts are if as of now it cant use that whats next
i want to use this for about the same amount of years my last comp did so is there any chance they could update the emacs by then or better bring the imac to its price range by then?

Yes, lets start with using punctuation in our posts. I know this is a computer board and all, but come on, I can't read that.

Now onto the question, why do you need core image for so much? Buying an eMac will last you a long time, as long as the OS you want to upgrade too supports the G4.