PDA

View Full Version : Tonight is the Night!!

stoid
Jul 11, 2004, 10:03 PM
Here in the Midwest United States, the sun has set and the hour is growing late. Tonight is the night I have been waiting for over a week for! Tonight the iTunes Music Store will reach 100,000,000!!! Tonight I will be purchasing nearly $200 dollars of albums in hopes to win Mr. Powerbook et al. I'll let you know how it goes in the morning. :D

MattG
Jul 11, 2004, 10:59 PM
Here in the Midwest United States, the sun has set and the hour is growing late. Tonight is the night I have been waiting for over a week for! Tonight the iTunes Music Store will reach 100,000,000!!! Tonight I will be purchasing nearly $200 dollars of albums in hopes to win Mr. Powerbook et al. I'll let you know how it goes in the morning. :DGood luck :)

I'm going to purchase $20 worth of music. It's 12am here and I should be getting to bed, but this is a special occasion :)

Abstract
Jul 12, 2004, 04:20 AM
Doh! You didn't get it. You should have spent $1500 and hopefully guaranteed yourself a prize. That equals a new PB and you get to keep the music.

wdlove
Jul 12, 2004, 02:13 PM
I'm sorry to hear that you didn't win the 100 million prize. You still get to enjoy your 200 songs. ;)

stoid
Jul 12, 2004, 02:18 PM
Since I moved home for the summer from college, I changed my billing address at the bank so that my statements would be mailed properly. Unfortunately, I hadn't changed my Apple account information. It gave me a credit card error, and the 100 million mark hit while I was updating my address!

Oh well, I guess I saved a bundle of money this way. :o

rueyeet
Jul 12, 2004, 04:00 PM
At least you were ambitious! I settled for buying 10 songs near one of the smaller milestones to try for one of the iPod giveaways. The download counter did cross the milestone I was aiming for during the time I took finding and purchasing the songs, but given my luck, all I did was play into Apple's marketing scheme. :p

Still, it would have kicked ass had the Dead Kennedys won me an iPod. :D