PDA

View Full Version : help me please, ia have a mac 7100/66

jonyyybe
Jul 12, 2004, 08:38 AM
When i start up the pc it's asking me a diskete..???
For what it's asking me a diskete, i didn't do nothing to him, what should i do???
helpppp please i do not know what to do..
:(

Lz0
Jul 12, 2004, 08:42 AM
Force a restart. If the same happens you can explaine what "asking me a diskete" means.

Golem
Jul 12, 2004, 09:00 AM
Asking for A diskette is likely a flashing icon of a disk.

This means at the very least the boot blocks are damaged.

If you have a system disk put it in the cd rom drive and run disk tools on the hd. If you cant see the hd at all its probably dead.

jonyyybe
Jul 12, 2004, 09:03 AM
How i can force a restart?????
"asking me a diskete" means i can do nothing, it's do not alows me to do something.
The monitor it's gray and in the midlle of the monitor it is a diskete that is has the asking questions on the diskete.
i have masurating the battery and she is empty...it's mathers if the battry is empty????? should it put another good battery???
it's the battery the cause?????

jonyyybe
Jul 12, 2004, 09:08 AM
diskette is likely a flashing icon of a disk something like this is the diskette on the monitor.
"This means at the very least the boot blocks are damaged."--- no no no no, i have take out the hdd and it's the same...thing,it's dosen't move nothing

Can you put me on my mail a system disk???? my mail is "munteanu1@mymail.ro"

Tiauguinho
Jul 12, 2004, 09:33 AM
diskette is likely a flashing icon of a disk something like this is the diskette on the monitor.
"This means at the very least the boot blocks are damaged."--- no no no no, i have take out the hdd and it's the same...thing,it's dosen't move nothing

Can you put me on my mail a system disk???? my mail is "munteanu1@mymail.ro"

It seems that you got a sick HD. Double check and see if it has any orange spots. If it does then its probably a bacteria eating the HD. Joking! :D

Now seriously, follow this link from apple (http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=58042) and it shall help you :)

Horrortaxi
Jul 12, 2004, 10:51 AM
I have heard of dead PRAM batteries causing these kinds of problems, so if you can get a new one easily it's worth a try. Before that, try holding down these 4 keys while you restart--control option P R. After you hear the startup chime 4 times let them go. See if your computer will boot. If that doesn't work and if the battery doesn't work, then your hard drive has a problem--which isn't surprising on a 10 year old computer.

At least you don't hear the sound of a car crashing when you start the computer. That's worse than a flashing folder.

jonyyybe
Jul 13, 2004, 12:50 AM
Thanks for the what you said, but you must understand that i have take out the hdd from the calculator and it's asking me for a diskete. I wil try today with a battery.I will thank to god,to you and all if it's go to work.
Please can same one can tell me where is the restart buton???
I need very much this computer to work.I need his interface to conect him with a RIP for printing a film.It's hard to make you understand, but i need his interface.
Please give more ideas, i will try all. :(

Lz0
Jul 13, 2004, 01:04 AM
:mad:

I think we should delete this thread.

jonyyybe is playing with himself in public, and he's probably been told about doing that many times.

Horrortaxi
Jul 13, 2004, 02:02 AM
:mad:

I think we should delete this thread.

jonyyybe is playing with himself in public, and he's probably been told about doing that many times.
He's either having a laugh or he's somebody who doesn't speak very good English and needs help. How do you know which it is?